Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The NSR uses six button head screws.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Todd, among the upcoming accessories for the NSR will there be any flashlight mounts made available? I'm hoping to see something for the Surefire Scout light.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I love the NSR handguard and will be buying one. However, I already see these proprietary systems going down a slippery slope. Picatinny is a standard, which is why it works so well. These handguards, on the other hand, will create a desire in the market for companies to make accessories and accessory mounts for all the different platforms. You've got the LaRue OBR/PredatAR/PredatOBR handguard, the Noveske NSR, and several others. As far as I know, all are different. While I like the concepts (agian, I'm buying an NSR), I wish a standard could be adopted.

Say I want to use LaRue Hand Stops on my new NSR. As it stands, I will have to buy the Hand Stops AND (or at least I'm assuming) a Noveske NSR-to-Picatinny adapter. I doubt the end result will be all that sleek and effective.

Feedback Score
    Will the MUR with anti-rotation hole and anti-rotation pin be available in the future?

2nd question: Any idea of which will weigh less, the VIS keymod, or a MUR with the NSR rail?

I am excited about this new system!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Cool GPR w/ NSR coming!!!

I have a GPR upper on the way with 11" NSR and MUR ...I will post first impressions after arrival.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    I love the NSR handguard and will be buying one. However, I already see these proprietary systems going down a slippery slope. Picatinny is a standard, which is why it works so well. These handguards, on the other hand, will create a desire in the market for companies to make accessories and accessory mounts for all the different platforms. You've got the LaRue OBR/PredatAR/PredatOBR handguard, the Noveske NSR, and several others. As far as I know, all are different. While I like the concepts (agian, I'm buying an NSR), I wish a standard could be adopted.

Say I want to use LaRue Hand Stops on my new NSR. As it stands, I will have to buy the Hand Stops AND (or at least I'm assuming) a Noveske NSR-to-Picatinny adapter. I doubt the end result will be all that sleek and effective.
    Not to mention the benefit of the throw-levers for some accessories.

I'm hoping that Noveske comes out with a proper VFG to go with the NSR as well as the hand stop. I have been a believer in the stubby VFG for awhile (after toying with various hand-stops) and even more so after 3 days with VTAC.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post

Thats the price one pays for innovation and advancement.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Thats the price one pays for innovation and advancement.
    Advancement? I think his point was they are not advancing but foregoing an established standard and making proprietary features.
    Last edited by Waylander; 05-04-12 at 04:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think they are foregoing anything, they are adding another ADVANCEMENT an OPTION to our choices which is ALWAYS a good thing. They are still selling rifles with pic rails and those are not going anywhere.

You cannot make a standard pic rail that is as light as the new slick rails without losing strength and rigidity. The new slick rails keep the strength, lose the weight and give the user the option to control the bells & whistles.

3 leaders of innovation came up with similar designs attachment methods (Accuracy International, Noveske, VLTOR) and Noveske and VLTOR joined forces with theirs. Great minds think alike
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    I don't think they are foregoing anything, they are adding another ADVANCEMENT an OPTION to our choices which is ALWAYS a good thing. They are still selling rifles with pic rails and those are not going anywhere.

You cannot make a standard pic rail that is as light as the new slick rails without losing strength and rigidity. The new slick rails keep the strength, lose the weight and give the user the option to control the bells & whistles.

3 leaders of innovation came up with similar designs attachment methods (Accuracy International, Noveske, VLTOR) and Noveske and VLTOR joined forces with theirs. Great minds think alike
    We are talking about two separate issues.

I never said slick rails were a bad idea or a step backward to full Picatinny. On the contrary, I think they have their place because of the weight issue and modularity. I didn't say the slick rail concept was forgoing anything, just that the proprietary features of X number of rails are.

This is definitely an advancement if you want to run the rail slick, but there are already plenty of rails like that. Sure, this is a better option than the rails that need backing plates to mount accessories. Is this the best mounting option so far? Maybe, maybe not.

The reason there may be a stall in rifles with full Picatinny rails and rail sales, which I question that it's as bad as you seem to be saying, is the prices are taking their time to come down. If the new breed of slick rails are as successful as people are claiming they're going to be then the prices of Picatinny rails will come down but I don't think they'll ever fully go away unless a standard is adopted.

Price point A: rifles with hand guards
    Price point B: rifles with full Picatinny rails (assuming slick rails become more popular)
    Price point C: rifles with slick rails

Sales of rifles with hand guards aren't dead

Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast