Page 18 of 139 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Price point A: rifles with hand guards
    Price point B: rifles with full Picatinny rails (assuming slick rails become more popular)
    Price point C: rifles with slick rails

I think the slick rails will end up in Price Point B as I think they will be cheaper in materials and manufacturing and become more popular than the pic rail, but I have some experience in manufacturing but not enough to say with any real authority. What do you think?

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant. I thought you were complaining about efforts in innovation.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Price point A: rifles with hand guards
    Price point B: rifles with full Picatinny rails (assuming slick rails become more popular)
    Price point C: rifles with slick rails

I think the slick rails will end up in Price Point B as I think they will be cheaper in materials and manufacturing and become more popular than the pic rail, but I have some experience in manufacturing but not enough to say with any real authority. What do you think?

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you meant. I thought you were complaining about efforts in innovation.
    No problem. You're probably right about the manufacturing savings of not having to machine all of those Picatinny rails. I'm no manufacturing expert but it would seem to be cheaper to do the slick rails. So the manufacturers could possibly be able to make them faster and dump them on the market. Think of economic supply and demand. If the manufacturers can flood the market with slick rails faster like I've assumed, then price will go down and more people will buy them. The converse of that is as more and more people demand them and manufacturers reach capacity or run out, the price will go back up.

Just by sheer popularity...needing the latest and greatest, tacticool, cheaper for now...many reasons people could choose to buy a slick rail not to mention the people who really know the purpose for buying a modular rail -- lighter weight and modularity. That's why I think they'll become more popular and the market would dictate they'd be more expensive than Pic rails. Pic rails would need to come down in price just to sell period.

A lot of variables that only time will tell what happens.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think Fletch would say, "Legos, man, the future is all Legos!"

I will have have a pic rail and play with the slicks, but I have to admit I have been begging Noveske for this for 2 years, so I'm really excited about the NSR

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

NSR shipping

Got confirmation from UPS that Noveske shipped my 12.5" GPR with NSR and MUR... will be here on Thursday!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will be building 3 SBRs over the next months and I am thinking that a GPR will be #3. I will be waiting for a full critique.

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think Fletch would say, "Legos, man, the future is all Legos!"
    Maybe, and I'm not discounting the NSR, but after playing with several of the Brazilian handguards on the market, and with the release of the Larue Index Clips, ifind myself back at the 4-rail solutions. Wanting the ability to easily remove and attach a light without redundant weight and a pretty firm belief in the VFG (strengthened after VTAC Carbine 1.5) leaves me with little other choice anyway.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe, and I'm not discounting the NSR, but after playing with several of the Brazilian handguards on the market, and with the release of the Larue Index Clips, ifind myself back at the 4-rail solutions. Wanting the ability to easily remove and attach a light without redundant weight and a pretty firm belief in the VFG (strengthened after VTAC Carbine 1.5) leaves me with little other choice anyway.
    I'm hoping that Noveske releases a VFG for the NSR rail. Only time will tell though.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm hoping that Noveske releases a VFG for the NSR rail. Only time will tell though.
    I am too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I am too.
    And that it is a Stubby!

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    And that it is a Stubby!
    Or a 2 piece that can be stubby or full length.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 18 of 139 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast