Page 20 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    We are working on a Scout light mount that attaches directly to the KeyMod. There is also the X300 or offset mounts on the top rail as an option.
    I'm especially glad to hear this.

Since it's been brought up recently, is there any chance you have a VFG in the works?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidl View Post
    Out of curiosity, but is the KeyMod the same as the AI AX KeyMod? as in being able to swap parts from one to another?
    Todd told me that AI and Noveske/VLTOR did not develop their Keymods together and that he did not know....... so most likely not.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    I am eagerly awaiting the heat shield and rail covers.

Quote Originally Posted by narphenal View Post
    Does anyone have the length of the exposed barrel of a 13" NSR on a 16" Barrel, from muzzle to handguard?

Thanks.
    A quick mock-up got me to about 4", but it depends on your muzzle device and barrel. Some 16" marked barrels are actually a tiny bit longer than 16".

It's not that difficult to figure it out for yourself.

16" barrel - 13.5" rail + (length of muzzle device. Usually 1.75") - ~3/4" of threads = ~3-4in
    Last edited by Jester67CA; 05-06-12 at 20:28.
    Why I post in Blue: Dark colors are more easily perceived by the cones clustered at the center of your view (like when you read) than simple darkness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester67CA View Post
    I am eagerly awaiting the heat shield and rail covers.

A quick mock-up got me to about 4", but it depends on your muzzle device and barrel. Some 16" marked barrels are actually a tiny bit longer than 16".

It's not that difficult to figure it out for yourself.

16" barrel - 13.5" rail + (length of muzzle device. Usually 1.75") - ~3/4" of threads = ~3-4in
    I meant in the sense of wondering whether or not I would be able to fit a MB556AR on there(reflex mount). I know it will be close, maybe right on the threshold of working.

Feedback Score
    Crazy idea here, but why hasn't a mount that flush-mounts a Surefire x300 to a slick rail system (like the NSR) been invented? I.e. a mount that would replace the factory base (like the LaRue Tactical mount) and allow a more streamlined mounting to a slick rail. Maybe I'm just dumb and the 12 o'clock mounting of an x300 is the way to go-I don't know, as I have no experience with the x300 or any directly rail mounted light like that.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

NST upper arrived

I just wanted to brag and say I received my 12.5" upper today with the 11" NSR, MUR upper and surefire flash hider!

I really like the diameter and the feel of the rail...it is rock solid (as to be expected). Put an X300 at 12:00 in front of a DD fixed front sight and MBUS rear. Aimpoint T-1 next with Larue mount...running an MS3 and thats it.

this is a work rifle.

Pics and hopefully shooting tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    I just wanted to brag and say I received my 12.5" upper today with the 11" NSR, MUR upper and surefire flash hider!

I really like the diameter and the feel of the rail...it is rock solid (as to be expected). Put an X300 at 12:00 in front of a DD fixed front sight and MBUS rear. Aimpoint T-1 next with Larue mount...running an MS3 and thats it.

this is a work rifle.

Pics and hopefully shooting tomorrow.
    ARGH. I'm very jealous - waiting on an 11" NSR - and I'll be waiting 'til at least JULY I've heard.

Please post pics n what not.

Feedback Score
    is the 15" rail still coming out or has that been canned?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by badness View Post
    is the 15" rail still coming out or has that been canned?
    Todd said it was still comin'.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    7", 9", 11", 13.5", and 16.7" are planned.

Page 20 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast