Page 21 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any chance that Noveske and company are even considering a version that will fit the AR-10 or DPMS-pattern rifles?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joe-bananas View Post
    Any chance that Noveske and company are even considering a version that will fit the AR-10 or DPMS-pattern rifles?
    I highly doubt it, but I would buy 2 in a heartbeat - I am using the TROY 308 TRX Extreme and their cheesy mount just doesn't cut it for weight of a 308 platform. I hunt with my 308 and the rail just moves around A LOT. It will shift position just getting fired on a sand bag. And this is on a 8.6lb 308 (very light for 308). I had a DD Lite rail on there which was very solid, but I don't need a giant, fat ugly quad rail (and it's a heavy SOB for a "lite" rail).

If Noveske DID do a 308 NSR, unfortunately it'd probably be something we'd see a year or two away - I need one NOW. So I'll just deal with the POS TROY. If TROY would make an "Alpha" version of thier 308 rail, I'd be good to go - but I just asked them 2 days ago AGAIN and they said they have "no plans" for new 308 stuff in the foreseeable future. The 308 is the one that really needed the new Alpha mount IMO.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-11-12 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    I highly doubt it, but I would buy 2 in a heartbeat - I am using the TROY 308 TRX Extreme and their cheesy mount just doesn't cut it for weight of a 308 platform. I hunt with my 308 and the rail just moves around A LOT. It will shift position just getting fired on a sand bag. And this is on a 8.6lb 308 (very light for 308). I had a DD Lite rail on there which was very solid, but I don't need a giant, fat ugly quad rail (and it's a heavy SOB for a "lite" rail).

If Noveske DID do a 308 NSR, unfortunately it'd probably be something we'd see a year or two away - I need one NOW. So I'll just deal with the POS TROY. If TROY would make an "Alpha" version of thier 308 rail, I'd be good to go - but I just asked them 2 days ago AGAIN and they said they have "no plans" for new 308 stuff in the foreseeable future. The 308 is the one that really needed the new Alpha mount IMO.
    I'm glad you posted this. I was considering the TRX Extreme for my AR-10 (the SWS on my Noveski is just too clunky). I'm considering the PRI tube, but this NSR seems to fit the need much better.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you posted this. I was considering the TRX Extreme for my AR-10 (the SWS on my Noveski is just too clunky). I'm considering the PRI tube, but this NSR seems to fit the need much better.
    You may have better luck than me (I've actually sent mine back and TROY is sending a replacement as I type this to make sure mine wasn't out of spec) but I've only got the 12 - I can't imagine the stress on the longer TRX rail.

We'll see how it goes with the new one - I should know in a week. Thing is, it all went together tightly and felt solid. But there's just too much weight and stress applied to that little mount/barrel nut they use. Simple physics. If the tube itself was 7075 T6 aluminum? Maybe it'd be better, but the std. 308 barrel nut is just too little real estate to expect any proper tube/nut purchase out of.

By the way - I have the standard AR15 TRX's on a few of my rifles and have moved them to the Alpha versions - WAY better - there's a reason they made the change. Demand drives change and retooling costs / ROI - I just don't think the 308 demand is there for TROY to "warrant" the needed change.

The NSR is brilliant - the weight is next to nothing on the rail itself, which allows Noveske to use a longer barrel nut to attach the rail. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-11-12 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    The NSR is brilliant - the weight is next to nothing on the rail itself, which allows Noveske to use a longer barrel nut to attach the rail.
    This. They've really come up with something great here. With all the AR10 variants out there, you'd think there would be more of a market, but perhaps not. Then again . . .

Feedback Score
    finally got my .264lbc rifle put together with the NSR handguard

wish it had a 1/4" more of rail though to cover up a rifle length gas block, I realize that there is a 16" rail coming out but I am not a fan of the dissipator look

Last edited by davidl; 05-11-12 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A 308 version is not going to happen soon but it is a possibility in the future.

Feedback Score
    With all the AR10 variants out there, you'd think there would be more of a market, but perhaps not. Then again . . .
    It's only going to get bigger too (the 308 market). Like I said - I believe Noveske is going to re-do (or IS redoing) their 308 line-up from the ground up. They've been pretty hush-hush on it all. THEN I'm sure we'll see a 308 NSR. But I fully expect that no sooner than SHOT Show '14.

And if it DOES come out - what will it be? AR10 pattern? DPMS/SR25 pattern? Will they offer barrel nuts for either? Will they even sell the rail seperately?

My bet is SR25 pattern, if it happens.

Wish Todd or John would jump on here and give us the full-on low down on their 308 plans. My guess is because they're so dang swamped with their existing stuff it's on the backburner.

EDIT: DOH! Todd beat me to it.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-11-12 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    A 308 version is not going to happen soon but it is a possibility in the future.
    This is good news. Or better news than previously thought. Todd, feel free to use my Noveske AR10 as a test bed. I'm willing to sacrifice one for the team.

Feedback Score
    This is good news. Or better news than previously thought. Todd, feel free to use my Noveske AR10 as a test bed. I'm willing to sacrifice one for the team.
    LOL. And if you need an SR25 pattern rifle, I've got a few for you - just say the word!

Page 21 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast