Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Are there published weights yet for each length?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tx1021 View Post
    Are there published weights yet for each length?
    11.1oz for the 13.5 w/barrel nut.

I'll let you know how much the 11 weighs in a few days.

ALMOST picked up the 9 too today, but that one really needs QD sockets and rail sections. Dammit, shoulda just picked it up. Why delay the inevitable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    11.1oz for the 13.5 w/barrel nut.

I'll let you know how much the 11 weighs in a few days.

ALMOST picked up the 9 too today, but that one really needs QD sockets and rail sections. Dammit, shoulda just picked it up. Why delay the inevitable.
    Awesome, thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will the uppers/rifles direct from Noveske be the exact design as the rail being sold as a stand alone item? Or will there be a design difference exclusive to a complete upper/rifle ordered from Noveske ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    Will the uppers/rifles direct from Noveske be the exact design as the rail being sold as a stand alone item? Or will there be a design difference exclusive to a complete upper/rifle ordered from Noveske ?
    Exact same rail. Only difference is a factory gun's upper will be drilled/pinned for anti-rotation.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Warning > Lane Drift Below

Slight thread drift here as Trauma's post brought this to mind.

My understanding is that Noveske is or may not be going to continue taking direct orders, only thru their dealers.
    I'm not speaking of just the NSR but ANY complete upper/rifle. Sorry for the drift but with Todd a frequent contributor here
    maybe he could clarify if this is correct.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Slight thread drift here as Trauma's post brought this to mind.

My understanding is that Noveske is or may not be going to continue taking direct orders, only thru their dealers.
    I'm not speaking of just the NSR but ANY complete upper/rifle. Sorry for the drift but with Todd a frequent contributor here
    maybe he could clarify if this is correct.
    The answers I've gotten from talking to Noveske staff is that they ARE in fact pushing a lot of their product ordering to their distributors. The two biggies I think would be DSG Arms and Rainier (many more, obviously). I've been told to order certain items through a distributor. Unfortunately a lot of these companies have no ability to backorder items (DSG does I believe) so there is a gap there where Noveske may not be getting a sense of what products are in demand, other than phone requests. If I want a stainless 300BLK barrel in x length, I was told to order it through a distributor and it could be 3 weeks to 2 months. But the distributor would be the one "placing the order" with Noveske.

I think Noveske has been so swamped with orders that most of their stock is being kept for rifle/upper orders exclusively and if they happen to have a surplus on any one item, they may post it as in-stock on their website.

Rambling here, maybe Todd can enlighten us. Todd, where would I find a Noveske stripped upper receiver? I can't order one from Rainier (no backorder system), I can't order one directly from you, would I use DSG? What are my options?
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 05-15-12 at 09:45.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    The answers I've gotten from talking to Noveske staff is that they ARE in fact pushing a lot of their product ordering to their distributors. The two biggies I think would be DSG Arms and Rainier (many more, obviously). I've been told to order certain items through a distributor. Unfortunately a lot of these companies have no ability to backorder items (DSG does I believe) so there is a gap there where Noveske may not be getting a sense of what products are in demand, other than phone requests. If I want a stainless 300BLK barrel in x length, I was told to order it through a distributor and it could be 3 weeks to 2 months. But the distributor would be the one "placing the order" with Noveske.

I think Noveske has been so swamped with orders that most of their stock is being kept for rifle/upper orders exclusively and if they happen to have a surplus on any one item, they may post it as in-stock on their website.

Rambling here, maybe Todd can enlighten us. Todd, where would I find a Noveske stripped upper receiver? I can't order one from Rainier (no backorder system), I can't order one directly from you, would I use DSG? What are my options?

We are seeing more and more manufacturers getting away from accepting orders directly. The main reason for this is because they simply do not have the man power to keep up.

We are a Noveske Distr. and do stock certain components from them. We also accept back orders that are e-mailed to us.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Also, will a 9" VIS and 9" VIS NSR have the same exact length measurements?
    9" handguards are designed to fit behind a mid length fixed front sight, they should be the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    Can the 11" be used with an 11.5 and still allow enough room to mount an M4-1000?
    There will not be enough room for the silencer, you will need at least a 12.0" barrel.

We are not selling any upper receivers that I know of, everything is going into rifles and complete uppers.

Only items that are in stock can be ordered from our website. Some products may only be available through distributors.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    9" handguards are designed to fit behind a mid length fixed front sight, they should be the same length.
    Thanks for the reply Todd. Any idea on a timeline for these (VIS NSRs)?
    Last edited by Ironman8; 05-15-12 at 13:11.

Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast