Page 29 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Got my 9 in and mounted today. Perfect. I love that barrel nut. SO glad N threaded both ends. I would've had a major problem if there weren't the two timing options. Perfect torque, no need for anti-rotation.

Also, the QD sockets and 5-slot rails are up and in stock - placed an order. Sorta wish the sockets were flush like your TRX sockets, but, then the rail would be just as fat and bulky as a TRX to accommodate.
    Looks like a very minimalistic design - not even enough room for a logo, lol. Good stuff.

When's that 308 NSR coming out again? :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Light Mounts

Any of you guys figure out a good compact light mounting solution using just the top rail, one that will clear a Troy flip up front sight and will place the light bezel just prior to the break or comp as to not jack up the light's lens? I attempted to put a Gear Sector Surefire Scout mount on my NSR rail but it wont fit. It appears my NSR's top Picatinny rail is to wide for the Gear Sector mount so it wont slide on. Maybe it just this particular mount, who knows. I was thinking maybe a Haley Throntail mount might work? Anyone try this set up out yet?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9114 View Post
    It appears my NSR's top Picatinny rail is to wide for the Gear Sector mount so it wont slide on.
    Wait, what?

Have a set of calipers? Can you measure the width?

reference

Feedback Score
    I will say both my 9 & 11 NSR's pic rails are ever so slightly wider than the TROY TRX and DD O-X they've replaced. We're talking thousandth's here, but they are on the wide range of the spectrum.
    My front TROY BUIS was the dead give away. Had to unscrew the clamp a bit more to slip it on.

I'm interested in light mounts as well, but had already planned on at least a 5-slot rail section on the right side. Not quite sure what I'm going to do on my 10.5. I have a G2X and X300 at the ready, but need a mounting solution for one of them. DO NOT want to abandon my TROY BUIS for something slimmer. Think I might try a thorntail with my G2X - kind of an expensive experiment though.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 06-02-12 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No I dont have a caliper to make a measurment but "my" Gear Sector scout mount doesn't fit on the top rail.
    I’m curious to see if anyone else has run into this problem. Again this is my mount that has seen a bunch of use but it definitely does not fit on my NSR top rail.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wait, what?

Have a set of calipers? Can you measure the width?

reference

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    kind of an expensive experiment though.
    yep sure is, let me know how it works out so I can spend some overtime money.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9114 View Post
    I attempted to put a Gear Sector Surefire Scout mount on my NSR rail but it wont fit. It appears my NSR's top Picatinny rail is to wide for the Gear Sector mount so it wont slide on.
    I will say both my 9 & 11 NSR's pic rails are ever so slightly wider than the TROY TRX and DD O-X they've replaced. We're talking thousandth's here, but they are on the wide range of the spectrum.
    My front TROY BUIS was the dead give away. Had to unscrew the clamp a bit more to slip it on.
    This is a bit disappointing. Hopefully Todd K. will weigh in on this.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I just tried a Gear Sector Scout mount on the 7", 9", 11", and 13.5" rails and it slid on and off with no issues. I also slid the mount onto a 14.5" LC with the 11" NSR with no issues. You may have just gotten an out of spec rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    This is a bit disappointing. Hopefully Todd K. will weigh in on this.
    Lets not get disappointed just yet, as I said this it "my" mount only, it was not intended as a blanket statement. Guys are already able to put their mounts on. However I did try again and "my" mount will partially go on the rail with brute force and then only to the half way point. I'm sure if i took a hammer and block I could get it all the way down but i ain't gonna do that. On the other hand, this particular Gear Sector mount can easily slide on and off of my Troy Alpha rail. It's not a big deal in my opinion just something to be aware of.
    Last edited by 9114; 06-02-12 at 23:02.

Feedback Score

I'm interested in light mounts as well, but had already planned on at least a 5-slot rail section on the right side. Not quite sure what I'm going to do on my 10.5. I have a G2X and X300 at the ready, but need a mounting solution for one of them. DO NOT want to abandon my TROY BUIS for something slimmer. Think I might try a thorntail with my G2X - kind of an expensive experiment though.

That's surprising as in the pics it looks a lot thinner than the Troy, DD.

I run a thorntail on one of mine and love it, will plan on getting others eventually. I recommend you definitely give it a try, it depends on your shooting style, but for me it was a great option.

Page 29 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast