Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta One View Post
    That's surprising as in the pics it looks a lot thinner than the Troy, DD.

I run a thorntail on one of mine and love it, will plan on getting others eventually. I recommend you definitely give it a try, it depends on your shooting style, but for me it was a great option.
    The tube itself IS thinner than most, if not all rails.

We're discussing the width of the actual picatinny rail itself, not the tube.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    The tube itself IS thinner than most, if not all rails.

We're discussing the width of the actual picatinny rail itself, not the tube.
    When did you buy your rail (or upper)? Have you tried other picatinny accessories on the NSR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarbell View Post
    When did you buy your rail (or upper)? Have you tried other picatinny accessories on the NSR?
    I got the 9 this past Friday (2 days ago) and the 11 a week or so before that. I don't think there's an issue here, at all. GS stuff fits pretty tight on a normal rail.
    I just tried a few pic accessories and they fit fine. The NSR top rail just might be on the "wide" end of the pic. spec. Game on.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So far anything I've put on the top picatinny rail has fit no problem...here's some pr0ns

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    So apparently it's not really a widespread problem of accessories not fitting on the top rail. That's good. As my luck would have it though, now that I finally have the cash to drop on one the 13.5" is sold out everywhere. Hopefully Grant will have them back in stock soon.

As far as installation goes, where are people getting the necessary crowfoot wrench? Are people here ponying up the $40+ for a Snap-On? I'm not opposed to buying a quality tool, but I do hate to drop that kind of money on something I will only ever use once or twice. I've contacted the only local shop I would trust to install it and they informed me they don't have the crowfoot wrench so they can't do it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    So apparently it's not really a widespread problem of accessories not fitting on the top rail. That's good. As my luck would have it though, now that I finally have the cash to drop on one the 13.5" is sold out everywhere. Hopefully Grant will have them back in stock soon.

As far as installation goes, where are people getting the necessary crowfoot wrench? Are people here ponying up the $40+ for a Snap-On? I'm not opposed to buying a quality tool, but I do hate to drop that kind of money on something I will only ever use once or twice. I've contacted the only local shop I would trust to install it and they informed me they don't have the crowfoot wrench so they can't do it.
    I dropped for the SnapOn. I'll have 3 of these rails or more, sucks, but I spent almost a whole day searching for a cheaper option, and didn't find any singles. The cheapies that would work are only sold in sets. It was very nice having the SnapOn. I figure in a few years when I get rid of the NSRs, I'll sell the crowfoot with one of them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta One View Post

I run a thorntail on one of mine and love it, will plan on getting others eventually. I recommend you definitely give it a try, it depends on your shooting style, but for me it was a great option.
    Got any pics of your set up, I'm thinking about going this direction but I like my light mount at the 12 o'clock position placing the light itself at the 1 o'clock. Does it clear you front sight, or do you have to place the mount in-front of the sight?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skeebinz View Post
    So far anything I've put on the top picatinny rail has fit no problem...
    that's a pretty useless statement without knowing what those things are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anything that has a detachable or locking speed lever type clamp (i.e. Troy sights, Larue mounts) should fit. If it has to slide on it MAYBE tight, in my situation it's beyond virgin tight when I attempt to slide on my Gear Sector.

Robs I'm going to measure the pic rail tomorrow at my friend's shop I'll post after.
    Last edited by 9114; 06-10-12 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    that's a pretty useless statement without knowing what those things are.
    Tango down rail covers, afg2...I slid them on when I got it to check the fit.

Better?

Page 30 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast