Page 31 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Another thing - the anodizing on this rail.. is pretty agressive. I like it, a LOT.
    The downside is, for some, it may add a thousandth or two of thickness. I personally like things to fit tight, because they all end up loosening up eventually, better to have it tight up front. Now if something doesn't actually slide on, at all, yeah that may be a problem, but I don't see that as the case here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Another thing - the anodizing on this rail.. is pretty agressive. I like it, a LOT.
    The downside is, for some, it may add a thousandth or two of thickness. I personally like things to fit tight, because they all end up loosening up eventually, better to have it tight up front. Now if something doesn't actually slide on, at all, yeah that may be a problem, but I don't see that as the case here.
    I was shocked at how aggressive it is. Not negatively, but I didn't know they could do that to aluminum. It's great.
    In my limited experimenting with 1913 accessories on this rail I don't think it will be an issue. You will at most need to mount a sight, flashlight and IR device to the rail, and outside of military the IR won't even be a factor. Rail covers perhaps (they won't mind the few thousandths of an inch anyway), but are there many other accessories you really mount to a top rail? Sling mounting position? And they have the Noveske QD's for Keymod in stock now, so that's basically become a moot point unless you run a front connection other than QD swivels.
    The rail thickness doesn't worry me.
    I'm just psyched I have mine now
    Just gotta squirrel it away where TLSU won't find it and beat me over the head with it...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Just put a NSR rail on a BCM hammer forged upper. Looks nice! Weighed in at just under 4LBS (with BCG and CH).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just put a NSR rail on a BCM hammer forged upper. Looks nice! Weighed in at just under 4LBS (with BCG and CH).

C4

Love it - I need to snap some pics of my 10.5 with the NSR. Just got 'er all done last night. Love how thin the rail is.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Love it - I need to snap some pics of my 10.5 with the NSR. Just got 'er all done last night. Love how thin the rail is.
    I'd love to see those pics. Do you run a suppressor on your 10.5?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'd love to see those pics. Do you run a suppressor on your 10.5?
    Not yet - waiting on AAC's SR5 & SR7 to get out!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wait, what?

Have a set of calipers? Can you measure the width?

reference
    Rob, mine calipered at .84"

Feedback Score
    If you look closely at the rail as it mates to your upper, or another rail, the rail "slots" are quite a bit deeper compared to other rails. The "sharp" "pointy" edge of the rail slots are further down from the flat tops of the slots, in relation to other rails.
    I was noticing this as I was strapping on a LaRue Aimpoint mount last night. Pics are worth a thousand words - I'll try to get some up.

Again, nothing bad in any way, just a bit different from the DD rail I took off.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    When are the heat shielding sections supposed to be out? To me, this is the advantage over the Troy.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calvin118 View Post
    When are the heat shielding sections supposed to be out? To me, this is the advantage over the Troy.
    This is one of the main reasons I'm replacing a Troy with the NSR.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 31 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast