Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    When I had a URX III I was faced with kind of the same problem; how to mount a VFG. I first tried a railed Magpul vertical grip, but found the Magpul version for the MOE handguard worked better. I filed down the two nubs and just used one of the magpul backer nuts and one of their screws. Never had a problem with it twisting. It was hard to even intentionaly twist it.

My favorite most comfortable grip option with the naked rail was a AFG-1 fitted as a direct mount. The AFG-1 has the higher side walls near the front and was very comfortable on the slim rail. That being said, I never like the AFGs on thicker or taller rails. They just never felt right, but on a minimal type rail they are very nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I had not seen the rail piece you have there.
    That mini-rail comes with the Magpul VFG so that you can use it on an MOE hand guard. They don't sell them separately.

We also really, really need the rail covers and/or heatshield. The NSR gets really hot after some training time, even with thin gloves. Heck, you can feel the heat of the BARREL through the hand guard because it is so close and has such big holes. When I shoot with my suppressor on it, fahgettaboutit.

I know Stickman has been using some already. How long before the rest of us can get them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    When I had a URX III I was faced with kind of the same problem; how to mount a VFG. I first tried a railed Magpul vertical grip, but found the Magpul version for the MOE handguard worked better. I filed down the two nubs and just used one of the magpul backer nuts and one of their screws. Never had a problem with it twisting. It was hard to even intentionaly twist it.
    You can do the same with the NSR, but the MOE MVG is much, much wider than the bottom of the NSR. It sticks out really far on each side, which is why I went with the narrower VFG version.

Also, the VFG mounts in two places and the MVG only mounts in one. The VFG just seems much more secure.

I'd be all over a GearSector direct-mount VFG, though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm still kind of up in the air about the NSR. The lack of hand guards/heat shield gives me pause. I'm going between a NSR and a RIS-II. I've used the RIS-II on a prior build, and absolutely love that rail system.

It's going on a 14.5" build that will be pinned, so a change down the road won't be easy.

Feedback Score
    Here's what I did for my rear mount QD socket on my SBR. It's a little goofy having it up top there, but it works and is definitely out of my hand's way.

And below, I'm just using the Noveske QD socket as my hand's pretty far past it usually.

Geez those pics are shitty - i really need a new camera. Or a class, LOL.

Tried somefin' else - nope - still shitty pic.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 06-26-12 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm still kind of up in the air about the NSR. The lack of hand guards/heat shield gives me pause. I'm going between a NSR and a RIS-II. I've used the RIS-II on a prior build, and absolutely love that rail system.

It's going on a 14.5" build that will be pinned, so a change down the road won't be easy.
    Until Noveske releases theirs, use the heat sheild from a MOE. Once you snip the top tabs, it's damn near drop in.

Feedback Score
    Damn, that's a sexy rifle. I like the IWC QD mount on the top rail too. That's what I'm looking at for my LMT LM8MRP if I wind up needing one on the rear. I'll probably just run a Magpul sling setup though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    Until Noveske releases theirs, use the heat sheild from a MOE. Once you snip the top tabs, it's damn near drop in.
    How would it attatch?

Of course I would have to buy a MOE handguard....
    Last edited by bp7178; 06-26-12 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How would it attatch?

Of course I would have to buy a MOE handguard....
    Bottom of the rail/heat sheild. l'll send you one to play with if you like.

Will see if I can get a pic later.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I should have the NSR 13 on Friday. If I decide to keep it I may take you up on that.

What attracted me to the NSR was that I could have a medium profile barrel (Afghan) and loose some of the weight on the rail. The lack of accessories leaves me puzzled. It's like releasing a car without door handles...

Page 40 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast