Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
    There is some NSR action here:

http://youtu.be/Fiv5qDZOCCQ
    Cold.....WoooHoooo... that was fun! That is one of the best directed,shot and EDITED shooting trailers I have ever seen! Tell your production company well done!

You are gonna have to tell me about the FAL

Are those new NST uppers rifle length or intermediate length gas sstm?
    Last edited by M4Fundi; 08-30-12 at 19:13.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    I sent up my noveske spr-vis upper to Noveske. Having them swap the VIS out for a 13.5" NSR. I'm anxious to get it back, I think that swap will take off around 12oz of weight!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by civilsnake View Post
    Here's a 13.5 with a 16" DD lightweight and pointy little RMC up front.

I have noticed that the dimensional differences DO make getting things on the top rail a PITA. The Larue mount wouldn't attach with any normal amount of pressure so I didn't force it. A TLR1 off of a pistol would mount but just barely it seemed.
    Civilsnake,
    Not trying to sound like a smarta$$ but you know that you can adjust the tension screw on the LaRue mount and it'll fit just fine right?

This was previously on a Centurion Arms rail and I had to back off the nut a 1/2-3/4 turn to get it to fit on the NSR.

Patiently waiting for the Scout mount.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 09-01-12 at 19:09.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Civilsnake,
    Not trying to sound like a smarta$$ but you know that you can adjust the tension screw on the LaRue mount and it'll fit just fine right?

-Jax
    No harm, I wasn't totally clear. Yes I'm aware it's adjustable, I was just using the mount as it was currently set up to check the differences between the rail dimensions. I didn't bother adjusting because I don't intend to mount a CompM3 on the NSR.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Copy that civilsnake. Thanks for the reply.

In case anyone is curious I took my laser thermometer with me to the range. First shot is cold, before any firing. The second reading is approx. 45 seconds after a drill that lasted about 7 minutes and involved 84 rounds. I had Mechanix gloves on (plus the NSR panels and the tape switch) and didn't even notice it.

Apologies for the blurry shot. I was a little out of breath.

Last edited by jaxman7; 09-04-12 at 15:57. Reason: time estimate/round count incorrect

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Copy that civilsnake. Thanks for the reply.

In case anyone is curious I took my laser thermometer with me to the range. First shot is cold, before any firing. The second reading is approx. 45 seconds after a drill that lasted about 7 minutes and involved 84 rounds. I had Mechanix gloves on (plus the NSR panels and the tape switch) and didn't even notice it.

Apologies for the blurry shot. I was a little out of breath.

Was there any difference at all in the temp of the rail itself and the polymer panels after the drill?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Steve ,

No. My dumb butt didn't think about it while I was taking the pics. By the time I did I was almost out of ammo for the day.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 09-05-12 at 18:37.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry if I missed it somewhere in here, but does anyone know if the upcoming NSR Scout mount will be a one piece, mount the light directly to the rail via key mod system or will I have to buy another rail section to attach the scout mount too?
    Last edited by TACAV; 09-07-12 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TACAV View Post
    Sorry if I missed it somewhere in here, but does anyone know if the upcoming NSR Scout mount will be a one piece, mount the light directly to the rail via key mod system or will I have to buy another rail section to attach the scout mount too?
    Not trying to step over Todd K's shoes but I seriously doubt it'll be a rail mount system. That would negate the intention of the KeyMod system. Why not just buy a Thorntail, LaRue LT752, or Gear Sector mount if that's the case. Looking forward to what Noveske comes up with. I am curious if this mount can be used at the popular 11 or 1 o'clock position. There isn't much breathing room to mount it there directly to the handguard with the top rail getting in the way. Curious how they're going to do this.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 09-07-12 at 19:54.

-Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Steve ,

No. My dumb butt didn't think about it while I was taking the pics. By the time I did I was almost out of ammo for the day.

-Jax
    No problem.

Not trying to step over Todd K's shoes but I seriously doubt it'll be a rail mount system. That would negate the intention of the KeyMod system. Why not just buy a Thorntail, LaRue LT752, or Gear Sector mount if that's the case. Looking forward to what Noveske comes up with. I am curious if this mount can be used at the popular 11 or 1 o'clock position. There isn't much breathing room to mount it there directly to the handguard with the top rail getting in the way. Curious how they're going to do this.

-Jax
    I'm very anxious to see this as well. My Scout light is currently sitting in my safe awaiting a new mount. I've also read that Impact Weapon Components is working on light mounts for the NSR rail so I'm curious to see what they offer as well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast