Page 69 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    i measured the inside width to be about 1.325". i'm really liking this rail so far.

Nice upper. looks close to what I want to build next.. would you mind to share some of its specs?
    We get it, you're a HSLD operator who knows what's what and wants everyone else to know that you know that we know that you know what's up. ~ elricfate

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    it's a vltor MUR receiver with a 13.5 NSR handguard, an old M4 barrel i had on which i shaved the front sight and bayonet lug off, and a griffin flash comp. the BUIS are HK MP7 sights that i took off another upper. I mounted the front sight above the location of the gas block to provide room for my hand up front and space for 12 o'clock mounting of a light. oh, and a AXTS raptor charging handle since i'm a lefty.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    it's a vltor MUR receiver with a 13.5 NSR handguard, an old M4 barrel i had on which i shaved the front sight and bayonet lug off, and a griffin flash comp. the BUIS are HK MP7 sights that i took off another upper. I mounted the front sight above the location of the gas block to provide room for my hand up front and space for 12 o'clock mounting of a light. oh, and a AXTS raptor charging handle since i'm a lefty.
    Interesting sight location. Can't say I've ever seen someone do that before, but it makes sense. Sacrifice sight radius that is rarely, if ever, needed, to get a better grip that is always used.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Interesting sight location. Can't say I've ever seen someone do that before, but it makes sense. Sacrifice sight radius that is rarely, if ever, needed, to get a better grip that is always used.
    i kept it pretty much the same sight radius as on a standard carbine. also, putting the front sight further forward wouldn't work as well because of the large rear sight aperture. at this location, i get the correct sight picture.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I love my rail! Noveske really hit it out of the park on this one. Lightweight and strong. All I need now is the aforementioned NSR Scout Mount to replace that forward rail section so I can stick my light on there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TACAV View Post

I love my rail! Noveske really hit it out of the park on this one. Lightweight and strong. All I need now is the aforementioned NSR Scout Mount to replace that forward rail section so I can stick my light on there.
    Nice! Where is the full rifle pic though? And the spec list!?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenB View Post
    Nice! Where is the full rifle pic though? And the spec list!?

Thanks! I just finished it this week.

BCM lower and BHF 16" Middy upper (Dimpling done by Marvin Pitts)
    BCM grip
    13.5" NSR rail
    NSR QD socket mount and rail panels
    Geissele SD3G trigger
    Battlecomp 1.0
    BAD 45 Degree Short throw Ambi Safety
    Troy sights
    2 MOA Aimpoint T-1 in Larue tall mount

Just waiting for the NSR scout mount for a Surefire M600C with an SR07 switch at the 12 o clock.

I think that the NSR rail is a huge improvement over my old Troy Gen 1 Alpha Rail.
    Last edited by TACAV; 09-11-12 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Regarding the Scout light mount, I've seen it posted that Noveske is working on one, and I've also seen it posted that IWC is working on one. Is this a joint effort between Noveske and IWC, or is each company working on their own version individually?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Pretty common for guys running flashlights at 12:00 as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Pretty common for guys running flashlights at 12:00 as well.
    I've only ever seen the flashlight as far forward as possible on the 12 o'clock rail and a BUIS/fixed front sight directly behind it. Never like, a gap between the buis/fixed front sight and the light to place your thumb.

Page 69 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast