Page 9 of 139 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    If you want the "anti rotation" it will need the hole drilled. The mounting style is secure enough without it, and really the whole anti rotation came about from some people who didn't tighten and or use thread locker.

The barrel nut is different. Lighter and the bolt pattern had to be changed.
    Does Noveske use Threadlocker on their barrel nuts on factory builds? Minimum tq spec? What? (Is it the same/does it differ for Vltor VIS builds and SWS rail builds)?

new rail looks awesome! I hear Noveske and Vltor might be teaming up to offer a VIS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any updates on when it will be available? I check daily....only to be disappointed. Also, has the price been determined yet?
    Last edited by gibbens89; 02-07-12 at 18:19. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Barrel nuts are not installed with threadlocker. Torque is the normal amount used on barrel nuts.

The screws that attach or clamp the rail to the barrel nut should have threadlocker.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Barrel nuts are not installed with threadlocker. Torque is the normal amount used on barrel nuts.

The screws that attach or clamp the rail to the barrel nut should have threadlocker.
    I misunderstood, and you have cleared that up for me. I had always thought Moly grease was used and was very confused. Thank-you!

Feedback Score
    To be honest, at first glance I was taken aback a bit buy how the NSR looks... but 3 minutes into reading this thread it has already grown on me.

Here I am about to order a Rouge Hunter upper.... then I see this!

Good job being innovative.

Feedback Score
    $245 MSRP was the rumor on TOS, any idea on street price?

BTW I'm seriously digging this rail.

On the mounting bolts, will that be blue loc-tite? My understanding was that blue loc-tite becomes a lubricant at high temperature, will extensive rapid fire heat the rail up enough for it to be an issue?

Thanks.

Street corners, but I move from time to time, pushing my cart to different locations
    Feedback Score
    not too bad..

Feedback Score
    will this rail be compatible with any piston system with low profile gas block (lwrc)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't have pricing yet, not sure where that came from or how close it is.

Low temp threadlocker is used on the mounting screws and hold up fine.

We didn't design the NSR for any piston system. I don't know what will or won't fit of the piston designs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will the new stripped uppers that we can buy from vendors like Rainier arms have the hole drilled in the upper for the anti-rotation?

Page 9 of 139 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast