Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AA flashlight on a weapon?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah... this logic is completely absurd. Go to TheBatteryStation and buy a pelican case to hold cr123s in whatever quantity you need.

I keep one in my deployment bag, and spares in my carbean stock compartments.
    I must be missing something, aside from the pelican case this seems very similar to clints idea? Not being a dick just maybe you might be able to elaborate. I understand having spares but how is his does his logic differ from yours? Are you saying only but what you need,( in bulk)? Not to worrie about the shelf life?
    Thanks
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No... I agree with Clint...

It's the OP who's nuts..... I worded my reply poorly.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

MY POINT

What I mean by AA vs C123a is..

When all the buildings are rubble, there will be more AA batteries lying around in Walmart - Target - Walgreens - Costco rubble than there will be C123a's.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    On the other hand no one is going to be picking up the CR123 batteries...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree 100% with your rationale for standardizing on AA. I have done this myself.

I run a FourSevens Quark X AA2 Tactical in an offset 1" mount. I just wrapped the body with a few turns of McNett Camo Form to bulk it out a bit. The mount clamps right down on it . . . doesn't move.

P.s. For the tight bezel mode, I use max output 280 otf lumens. For loose bezel mode, I use low mode 24 otf lumens. (for use in total pitch black darkness to maintain some amount of night vision)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    On the other hand no one is going to be picking up the CR123 batteries...
    I must agree..

(OP) I think I will go with cr123s for the simple fact that not many people will need them. If (when) shit starts getting bad everybody and their brother will be picking all stores clean for your AA AAA C and D battries. If you think you wont find cr123s what makes you think you will find any other battries.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah... this logic is completely absurd. Go to TheBatteryStation and buy a pelican case to hold cr123s in whatever quantity you need.

I keep one in my deployment bag, and spares in my carbean stock compartments.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    I must agree..

(OP) I think I will go with cr123s for the simple fact that not many people will need them. If (when) shit starts getting bad everybody and their brother will be picking all stores clean for your AA AAA C and D battries. If you think you wont find cr123s what makes you think you will find any other battries.
    More places to look: gas stations, convenient stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, hardware stores, electronics retailers, so on so forth.

123s on the other hand . . . . Maybe RadioShack, hardware stores. I can't think of many more. It's primarily a mail order battery for many.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Many stores carry CR123's, including convenience stores, pharmacies, grocery stores, hardware stores, electronics retailers, so on so forth. Years ago before they were popular for tactical flashlights, Duracell and Energizer sold them in two-piece blister packs for $10-15!

They were used in SLR and DSLR cameras. You can still find them today in the two-piece blister packs for the same ridiculous prices, but Energizer now sells them in 12-piece blister packs like Surefire for about $30...much more reasonable if you can find those. Most consumers have never seen a tactical light...so why should Duracell and Energizer stop raking in the dough on CR123s?

If you want an AA light on a weapon and you're afraid of going outside of established brands like Surefire, Surefire makes the Outdoorsman AA which runs on a pair of AA's. I don't know if they make an adapter that will mount it because it looks like an oddball diameter, but it's one possible path. Obviously you'd want to run lithium AA's or high quality rechargables like Eneloops and not junky alkalines.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score

Walgreens

My local walgreens had 40,000 AA in front and in the back all brands including there own brand, (I know the manager) but only 48 C123a's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast