Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AA flashlight on a weapon?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudPuppy View Post
    Is there a light that has a weapon mount, remote switch, more than 150 lumens, and uses AA Batteries, and can handle being knocked around with 5.56 recoil?
    Based on your question - I take it you want a flashlight that "can be" weapons mounted vs "dedicated".

But if you are ok with dedicated: Streamlight Rail Mount 1 is dual fuel with CR123 or AA (Alki or Lithium) with 350 lum or 150 lum, respectively.

Not wading into the the "either...or"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I'm a fan of AA WML's but will use CR123's if a particular light suits my particular needs better.
    I'm also a fan of vfg's so finding a light setup I like has been problematic (don't like tape switches).

Recently I discovered this 'Colt' (made in PRC) 400 lumen AA weapons light: http://grabagun.com/coltlt-cltsepms4...c-400-lgt.html
    It's modular/reversible so it's easily mounted in a variety of positions, and by removing the center section will run on 1xAA w/a 200 lumen output.

The more I use it, the more I like it. Switch takes definite pressure to activate and constant-on takes deliberate effort so little risk of AD.
    Mounted on the right side of my rifle, the switch is easily accessed w/my support-side thumb w/o shifting my grip on the vfg.
    This light isn't for everyone, but it certainly offers some features not found on other offerings.

Tomac

Attachment 46000
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, rechargeable lithiums would be the way to go. Alkalines have a short shelf life. I like 18650's. Laptop and lithium power tool battery packs are just 18650's bundled together. Take the pack apart and you have a good supply of batteries that are rechargeable, and have a long runtime.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Personally, rechargeable lithiums would be the way to go. Alkalines have a short shelf life. I like 18650's. Laptop and lithium power tool battery packs are just 18650's bundled together. Take the pack apart and you have a good supply of batteries that are rechargeable, and have a long runtime.
    I've been experimenting w/Eneloop rechargeables since I already have many of them and so far they've been gtg. Thx for the 18650 tip!

Tomac
    "His Universe, His rules." - Tomac

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomac View Post
    I've been experimenting w/Eneloop rechargeables since I already have many of them and so far they've been gtg. Thx for the 18650 tip!

Tomac
    Yes, Eneloops are great! I have a bunch too. All the powerbanks you see out there for recharging phones and other USB items are all made up with 18650's also.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234