Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AR stocks on AK's...sacrilege or useful modification?

Feedback Score
    Couldnt care less about looks, but prefer the function of a folding stock better. I dont use different adjustments anyhow, and inly collapse AR stocks for for storage/transportation. Many AR stocks offer better cheek weld, so thats a factor to consider.

Edit: ah shit- necro thread
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-14-18 at 12:27.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Old thread but oh well. My vote would be useful modification. My preference for adapters is the Rifle Dynamics gen II adapter. It drops the stock low enough to be able to get low enough to use irons or optics comfortably. Most AK stocks are very lacking in one way or another.

Feedback Score
    From a purely utilitarian stand point, they are a great option. From an emotional stand point, they are difficult for me to swallow. I know, but we aren't all Vulcans, and emotion plays a part in our choices.

They just seem wrong when other Eastern-Bloc options work just fine. Yes, yes, the Soviets add all sorts of Western parts, so who am I to judge? I just like my AK's to be AK's and my AR's to be AR's.

Were I to go that direction, I would go with Rifle Dynamics, as I'm a big fan of their work, and I know Jim Fuller's personal rifle uses an AR stock.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    From a purely utilitarian stand point, they are a great option. From an emotional stand point, they are difficult for me to swallow. I know, but we aren't all Vulcans, and emotion plays a part in our choices.

They just seem wrong when other Eastern-Bloc options work just fine. Yes, yes, the Soviets add all sorts of Western parts, so who am I to judge? I just like my AK's to be AK's and my AR's to be AR's.

Were I to go that direction, I would go with Rifle Dynamics, as I'm a big fan of their work, and I know Jim Fuller's personal rifle uses an AR stock.
    It doesn't have to be either or. I have a numbers matching Romanian Guard rifle setup as a traditional AK and a couple others setup to be more functional.

Feedback Score
    AR stocks don't belong on anything but AR's. However the Mossberg 464 SPX is by far my favorite application of an AR stock on a non AR rifle. As it simply highlights the hideousness of the AR stock when used on other rifles.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-...n-rifle-41026/
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 03-28-18 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    AR stocks don't belong on anything but AR's. However the Mossberg 464 SPX is by far my favorite application of an AR stock on a non AR rifle. As it simply highlights the hideousness of the AR stock when used on other rifles.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-...n-rifle-41026/
    You’re right. That link almost made me go blind.

On topic: for me, wooden Commie length stocks are perfect on my AK’s. Helps them balance and just feels right. I find it useable both with and without my plate carrier. The setup on the first page of this thread looks very well executed, though.

Feedback Score
    I'm not a big fan. Prefer a more traditional look. That sail I like the adjustable LOP of the AR stock. I ended up going with a Magpul Zhukov-S for my Saiga conversion. Adjustable and side folding and still somewhat traditional ak looking.

Feedback Score
    I'll admit I don't like the look of AKs with the mil spec M4 stock, but mounting any magnified optics without an adjustable LOP can be a PITA.
    I have a compact scope I tried to mount on my WASR with a triangle stock and couldn't get it back far enough. Fortunately my Saiga with a CNC Bonesteel folding stock was about 3/4" shorter and just barely fit.

There are some aftermarket AR stocks that IMHO look good on an AK, just not the std. M4. But as much as I liked the look of the plywood Warsaw stock that came on my WASR I hated how it felt, adding the grenade pad helped with comfort but ruined the looks. If I had to choose I'd take an ugly M4 stock with it's comfort & adjustability over a traditional but uncomfortable wood stock.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234