Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Northern VA Ranges

Feedback Score
    I just noticed this thread. Sharpshooters now also allows up to 30 Cal rifles. NRA range is nice but is always completely packed. Silver Eagle group has a really nice facility but unfortunately is way out there for me. Right now I'm mostly shooting at sharpshooters but I really wish the lanes were longer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGut View Post
    I just noticed this thread. Sharpshooters now also allows up to 30 Cal rifles. NRA range is nice but is always completely packed. Silver Eagle group has a really nice facility but unfortunately is way out there for me. Right now I'm mostly shooting at sharpshooters but I really wish the lanes were longer.
    I didn't know that they allowed rifles now. Its membership only isn't it?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I didn't know that they allowed rifles now. Its membership only isn't it?
    They just started with rifles mid July. Yep Its membership (monthly/yearly like most nova places) its 2 dollars lifetime membership for rifles.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I might head down there tonight and see about a membership then. Its a lot closer than NRA and I like the idea of it being members only.

ETA - Went by there, really like some of the stuff in the store. Wasn't expecting a lot of the nice products. I'd join but since I'm only up here when I'm not at school it doesn't really make sense for the annual, and the monthly doesn't have guest passes
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-05-12 at 18:22.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    This looks like an old thread, but I recently got back into shooting again after a bit of a hiatus. I went to Sharpshooters in Springfield. It's decent. It was a little smokey--they could use a better ventilation system. But its not like I have many options up here inside the beltway.

Blue Ridge Arsenal (out in Chantilly) is much nicer, but its a bit of a hike from inside the beltway AND I've always had to wait a fair bit for a lane. I waited about an hour on multiple occasions.

Are there an good outdoor ranges? I'm especially interested in ones where I might be able to shoot and move (thats probably a long shot in most places in Virginia).

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Elite Shooting Sports has pretty much taken the cake for the nicest indoor range in the area. They have 4 bays of shooting: two 25yd ranges, one 50yd range, and one 100yd range. Again all indoors and very high tech target systems. The staff is very professional and its all around a great range.

Outdoors your two options are the Izaak Walton League (whichever is closest to you) and the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club. Just over the border in Gerardstown WV is Peacemaker which in my opinion is the nicest outdoor range within a 3 hour drive.

Feedback Score
    I concur with "sideways" on Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas. Hands down the country club of indoor ranges with every amenity you can think of! You can go on a membership or simply by the hour. Love it for a quick trip to keep yourself proficient!
    Semper Fi...🇺🇲

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123