Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me find the m4 for me.

Feedback Score

Help me find the m4 for me.

First off I would like to say hi to everyone as I am new to the site. Kinda a newb to the whole black rife thing. Have gone shooting with a friend who has two ar's. I am looking to buy a m4 rifle. I pretty much know what I am looking for. This is what I want.

16 inch 1:7 twist barrel
    4 rail free float
    front and rear flip up sights
    flat top
    6 position stock

Is there anywhere I can buy a complete rifle with everything im looking for? I have been looking at Rock River Arms(RRA) and Armalite but neither seem to offer all the options I am looking for. I also looked at CMMG but im having trouble with some of the options.(im a newb haha) Well thats all that comes to mind right now thanks for the help in advance. If I think of anything else I will let you guys know.

Thanks again,
    Tom

Feedback Score
    why do u want a free float rail?

Feedback Score
    from what I hear that would help accuracy and cooling. Please correct me if im wrong. I also want to be able to shoot 5.56 woth no worry.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some more information could probably help narrow down the choices. What is the major purpose for getting the rifle? How much money are you looking to spend?

You could go with something like this that will be the best thing going that meets your criteria right out of the box:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...since=&status=

Then again, that's also going to be one of the more (if not most) expensive options out there. You can get a LMT that will meet those qualifications but you'll have to add a rail and if you want flip-up sights you'll have to either replace or modify the front sight/gas block in order for a traditional rail to fit and to put a flip-up front sight on. Alternatively, you can leave the front sight in place and use one of the rails that are designed to fit around the sight tower and use either a flip-up or fixed rear sight.

I am by no means an expert as I've just begun doing my own research, and many of your criteria are on my list as well, but I have not found a single rifle other than the Noveske Recon that meet all of those criteria out of the box. From what I've read, everybody who owns a Noveske will tell you that they are worth every penny.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Look at LMT's MRP.

Feedback Score
    Well I was looking at spending 1000-1500. That also does not look to be a m4 like I am looking for. So is there no way to get an out of the box m4-ar without a fixed front sight?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slow06gto View Post
    First off I would like to say hi to everyone as I am new to the site. Kinda a newb to the whole black rife thing. Have gone shooting with a friend who has two ar's. I am looking to buy a m4 rifle. I pretty much know what I am looking for. This is what I want.

16 inch 1:7 twist barrel
    4 rail free float
    front and rear flip up sights
    flat top
    6 position stock

Is there anywhere I can buy a complete rifle with everything im looking for? I have been looking at Rock River Arms(RRA) and Armalite but neither seem to offer all the options I am looking for. I also looked at CMMG but im having trouble with some of the options.(im a newb haha) Well thats all that comes to mind right now thanks for the help in advance. If I think of anything else I will let you guys know.

Thanks again,
    Tom
    Get with grant. He can put a LMT together for you with all the add-ons you could want.
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...i?display=home

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=852

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slow06gto View Post
    Well I was looking at spending 1000-1500. That also does not look to be a m4 like I am looking for. So is there no way to get an out of the box m4-ar without a fixed front sight?
    Not that I've found in a 16" barrel with a 1 in 7 twist. The S&W M&P15T fits all of those criteria out of the box except it has a 1 in 9 twist. I would also second the idea of getting in touch with Grant and having him fix you up. From what I've heard he will take really good care of you and you'll have the exact rifle that you want. Let us know what you decide on!

Feedback Score
    I agree with the poster above. talk to grant and he can set you up with something that will work based on your application and his prices are very reasonable.

Feedback Score
    well I think you guys have convinced me to go to grant haha I will talk to him in about a month when the time comes to buy. Thanks for all the help and im still waiting the hazzing haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast