View Poll Results: Favorite AR color scheme?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Black

123 32.54%
  • Black and FDE

140 37.04%
  • Black and OD Green

43 11.38%
  • Black and Foliage

18 4.76%
  • Other

54 14.29%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite AR color scheme?

Feedback Score
    Some of you guys are being pretty big douchebags about this. The OP asked a pretty innocent question, and plenty of good members here choose colored furniture for their builds. But I'm sure all of the tough guys just close their eyes and pick colors at random when the purchase furniture, right?

Answer to OP: I like black, but am getting quite a variety going from the DSG and G&R sales in the last year.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I tend to go with Black and FDE. but the point is just to break up the profile. Anything that is one solid color tends to stick out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    Right?

I like my shit rattle-canned and dirty.
    You rattle-canned that pretty Custom Carry yet Mr. Hardcore?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opie610 View Post
    What is your favorite AR color scheme?
    I'll never paint my Colt but my DPMS will get painted after some finally mods.
    Last edited by Todd00000; 01-29-12 at 10:47.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    I would have stuck with FDE, but that FDE and FG build looks interesting.

Feedback Score
    I like black and fde. It just looks nice.

Feedback Score
    A close second is black and O.D. Green. Both colors are sharp. I haven't cared too much for foliage green but need to see more of them to make a good decision. black is o.k.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devinsdad View Post
    I would have stuck with FDE, but that FDE and FG build looks interesting.
    It really does.

My first and only AR (so far) is black with fde furniture. My next will probably be all black. I am not a huge fan of painting guns but I might hydrodip some furniture in the future.
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Any color you want as long as its black right? I like the look of the black and tan but I worry about the colored polymers not being as strong as the black. i really want to hydro dip my gun in either multicam or atacs I just cant convince myself to do it yet.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    Some of you guys are being pretty big douchebags about this. The OP asked a pretty innocent question, and plenty of good members here choose colored furniture for their builds. But I'm sure all of the tough guys just close their eyes and pick colors at random when the purchase furniture, right?

Answer to OP: I like black, but am getting quite a variety going from the DSG and G&R sales in the last year.
    Sure I picked colors I like, but I didn't start a poll or a thread just about which is a favorite. How does color choice affect rifle performance? I know somebody who built his wife an AR carbine using pink furniture but it shoots the same as the other carbines. I heard her agency gave her the go ahead to carry in on duty once she qualifies with it. If this were a site dedicated to Cowboy Action shooting, I can see having a casual conversation about what rifle matches what outfit or if walnut or beech is better for a Winchester 74.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" but this thread should have been in GD
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast