View Poll Results: Favorite AR color scheme?

Voters
378. You may not vote on this poll
  • All Black

123 32.54%
  • Black and FDE

140 37.04%
  • Black and OD Green

43 11.38%
  • Black and Foliage

18 4.76%
  • Other

54 14.29%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite AR color scheme?

Feedback Score
    How about painting the rifle so that it best blends into your local area surroundings and then re-spray as needed when conditions change. If it takes more than 5 or 10 minutes, your getting too anal about the whole purpose of coloring the rifle...

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Black & Foliage.
    I've always been a green fan- not big on FDE (aside frome some very specific firearms/gear), and just couldn't bring myself to spray paint my rifle after saving so long for it (I have a penchant for painting everything and I know I suck).
    Last edited by Jellybean; 01-29-12 at 15:49.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    +1 for black. Ive painted lots of furniture in varying colors in the past and always end up back in black. If I were serious about breaking up the pattern of my rifle, Id get a nice camo pattern hydro dipped.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    +1 for black. Not a fan of the "black receivers with colored furniture" trend. To my way of thinking, if you want a FDE gun, buy FDE furniture and mags and paint the black parts FDE, or buy anything and paint everything the same color/camo. Black and Tan belongs in a beer glass, not on an AR...

Tommato

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Sure I picked colors I like, but I didn't start a poll or a thread just about which is a favorite. How does color choice affect rifle performance? I know somebody who built his wife an AR carbine using pink furniture but it shoots the same as the other carbines. I heard her agency gave her the go ahead to carry in on duty once she qualifies with it. If this were a site dedicated to Cowboy Action shooting, I can see having a casual conversation about what rifle matches what outfit or if walnut or beech is better for a Winchester 74.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" but this thread should have been in GD
    Really buddy? Did i even hint that it had anything to do with rifle performance? As i said before i simply wanted to know what other members liked, it's that simple. ? I am sorry if i broke some sort of forum etiquette, and ruffled your feathers. From this point on i will check with you before posting to make sure you approve.

The ironic thing is i chose to join this forum because i heard the other AR forums were full of snotty, wise asses. Go figure, there everywhere.

To all the other members who took the time to answer my question/poll i thank you for your honest input.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most of my toys wear my rattle can camo

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Black the way the its creator intended them to be!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My Colt is still all black, but my latest build is Black/FDE. I figured FDE is a bit closer to all the dead plants here in Central Texas.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunderway View Post
    You rattle-canned that pretty Custom Carry yet Mr. Hardcore?
    No but about half the finish is worn off from a season of kydex!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Black with FG furniture. I bought my rail ladders, stock, grip, light mount, and VFG in foliage green. After installing all of that there really isn't that much of a contrast. I have a SBR on the way and so far I just don't see myself rattle canning it. If I do anything it will be to have it dipped.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast