Thread: Springfield Armory PX9151lP

Feedback Score

Springfield Armory PX9151lP

Picked this up earlier this month.

Finish is very good and this particular 1911 is US built. Yes. I only loaded a few Blazer rounds in the mags for the pictures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looks GTG to me.. Lube that thing up until it drips (maybe not that wet) and hit the range.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Looks GTG to me.. Lube that thing up until it drips (maybe not that wet) and hit the range.. Ron
    Already put about 300 rounds through it. Very accurate. The trigger pull is still a little tight, but that will work itself out over time, in my opinion.

Only thing I dislike about the weapon is having to have a special wrench on the main spring to take it down.

Suggestions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    replace FLGR with GI setup.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
    Already put about 300 rounds through it. Very accurate. The trigger pull is still a little tight, but that will work itself out over time, in my opinion.

Only thing I dislike about the weapon is having to have a special wrench on the main spring to take it down.

Suggestions?
    Have a good pistolsmith work on the trigger a-bit.. The guide rod just takes an allen wrench.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    Yeah. I think the GI setup would be what I want to do. Otherwise, I am very happy with it's performance. Shot Winchester, Blazer and Winchester bonded PDX1 through it. Extracted nicely and no failure to feed. Trigger, like I said was a little tight, but, fired well. I kind of like the trigger pull, just as it is. Grip is excellent. I have fairly small hands, and it felt really good. Index finger goes exactly where I want it on the trigger with no compensation.

Stainless steel, was easy to clean and cleaned well. Actually, fouling was easier to see then if it was blued.

I'm really pleased with its performance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Anyone know where I can get a GI guide rod in stainless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddle Pirate View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a GI guide rod in stainless?
    Ed Brown or Nighthawk or probably Springfield. I replaced mine with a Nighthawk if I remember correctly. You can get a a little nicer plunger /plug too. Call them, tell the guy what your doing and he should be able to walk you through it.

I have no idea why they make a remarkable gun with that shitty set up? And I drink SA coolaid, but that dealio ??
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"