Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who are the top ten 1911 manufacturers?

Feedback Score
    The Colt M1991A1 only has 3 small MIM parts and is pretty "basic" as far as 1911s go today. That is about as close to a basic 1911 with no MIM as you're going to get.

Alot of Kimber hate here....did I get the only good one? LOL Seriously, my TLE II is about 6 years old and I have shot it quite a bit and the thing is accurate and has never hiccupped once. Yeah....shocked me, too but I guess they had to make one good one, eh?

I also own a 6 year old Saab that has been almost no trouble, either. I have had more troubles out of Chevys and Fords, to be honest. Wife always says, "I thought this car was supposed to suck?"

Bottom line: even sketchy makers CAN produce a good one now and then! LOL

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Harrison Custom
    Rogers Precision
    Ed Brown
    Wilson Combat
    Dan Wesson
    Sig
    Colt
    Springfield
    Smith and Wesson
    Ruger

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
    Harrison Custom
    Rogers Precision
    Ed Brown
    Wilson Combat
    Dan Wesson
    Sig
    Colt
    Springfield
    Smith and Wesson
    Ruger
    So you think the Rugers have been proven?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    The Colt M1991A1 only has 3 small MIM parts and is pretty "basic" as far as 1911s go today. That is about as close to a basic 1911 with no MIM as you're going to get.

Alot of Kimber hate here....did I get the only good one? LOL Seriously, my TLE II is about 6 years old and I have shot it quite a bit and the thing is accurate and has never hiccupped once. Yeah....shocked me, too but I guess they had to make one good one, eh?

I also own a 6 year old Saab that has been almost no trouble, either. I have had more troubles out of Chevys and Fords, to be honest. Wife always says, "I thought this car was supposed to suck?"

Bottom line: even sketchy makers CAN produce a good one now and then! LOL

- brickboy240
    People like to parrot what they have been told by others that have heard things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BGREID View Post
    So you think the Rugers have been proven?
    I think Ruger's 1911 has a lot going for it, and Ruger, in my experience, hasn't ****ed up many of the guns they've made in the past.

I'm willing to give them that.

Feedback Score
    I never bought the Kimber, thinking it was going to be the be all 1911 or anywhere near as good as my Colts. But the truth has been that it is way far from total garbage that many on the web make Kimbers out to be. I thought I'd get rid of it by now, but the thing is actually pretty damn accurate and I'll just keep it. An accurate 1911 that eats everything I throw in it is not the first gun I am dying to get rid of! LOL

(psst...the experts on the web also think my Glock 22 should have k-boomed by now...but it too is still running trouble free...imagine that)

The Ruger 1911? Well, for the price, this might become the new "Springfield GI" of starter 1911s for builders. For around 600 bucks, you get a serviceable 1911 to build from in stainless that was made here...not in Brazil.

I wish I had the cake for a 2800 dollar Wilson or Baer but I have kids to feed and a mortgage. A 2800 dollar gun of ANY kind, is simply out of my budget...sorry. I'll have to rely on cheap guns to save my life...oh well.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think that the best semi-custom 1911's are now being produced for Dan Wesson, Colt's "Rail Guns" are the best slide to frame fitted specimens I've ever seen from Colt's, mine came off of the new CNC equipment and it is as well fit as any custom I've seen, as the Cogan custom shop can attest too. I like Springfield's TRP, and their "Loaded" 1911A1's are often a killer best buy option.

Other then that, I don't think it's fair to list the above with the big boy's of custom, such as Wilson, Brown, Cogan, ect.. I mean a $1200.00 Colt is certainly a very nice base gun, but it cannot be realistically pared against 1911's in the$2,000,00 - $3,000,00 price range...
    Last edited by Denali; 03-30-12 at 23:57.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789