Thread: Another build..

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Another build..

What's up guys - finished a couple things up. Thought I'd share. Thesis of all this is: after some time behind the platform, made some decisions on what was right for me. Not crutches, just features I liked/decided were worth it. Goal of both of these were to complete no BS setups that will enable me to get the most out of upcoming training.

I jumped on a 12" PSA upper when they came out (before they started installing the under-sized gas tubes ) Great feel to it, will come out to 6.1lbs with the lower mentioned below. Was interested in a 11.5-12.5" SBR for training this summer, and at $379 I felt this was too good to pass up. This setup is VERY soft-shooting but will not run under-powered ammunition.

12" 4150 barrel
    1/7 twist
    .067 GP
    5.56 nato (confirmed - field gauge)
    Centurion cutout rail
    Magpul RVG
    x300
    XT07 tape switch (when I can find one)
    DD 1.5 fixed rear
    Comp M2 soon
    BCM complete BCG
    Regular charging handle and A2 FH

As soon as stamp comes in I'll update with range report/chrono results.

Recently picked up a 16" Colt LE6920 upper, most likely will shave the FSB off of this, add a longer rail and hopefully a TA31 or Elcan Specter DR. Only 150 rounds through it, but runs as expected. Hopefully can do some distance work soon with this, we'll see if Trident will mentor me As pictured it weighs 7.7lbs

Now on to the lower that will play host for these uppers, and most likely some others in the future. My goal was to put the money where I felt it'd be worth it. I saved a ton by going with PSAs stripped lower during a sale, and put those savings toward a A5 system and BAD ASS ambi selector. Happy with the versatility the A5 offers and BADs stuff is great. The emod is by far my favorite stock, the cheek weld is great and it offers some weight bias to the rear when longer barreled uppers are attached to the lower. Can't speak for all of PSAs stuff, as they're new, but this lower was 'to spec'...yes I was fighting a bought of OCD and compared Colt's lower blueprint to PSAs lower.

PSA stripped lower
    G&R LPK
    Magpul stuff
    Vltor A5
    Vltor emod
    BAD ASS ambi selector
    BFG padded Vickers sling with QDs added (not sewn)

Many thanks to M4C as just about everybodies opinion played a part in this for one reason or another. Thanks for lookin. Critiques welcome.
    Last edited by munch520; 01-30-12 at 15:19.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice build. Have you noticed any split casings after firing?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    None.

Why do you ask?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    None.

Why do you ask?
    ive had the two or three for every 50 rounds from mine with my PSA upper

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Damn. Have you figured out why?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Damn. Have you figured out why?
    havent a clue. im sure someone who knows much more than i will comment though

Feedback Score
    I checked their site and it doesnt appear to be there anymore.
    I'm curious... What's the mildest ammo youve reliably run on it? Would you know what their reasoning behind the undersized gas tube is? The port looks small enough as it is... I cant imagine what good that type of tube would bring.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    I checked their site and it doesnt appear to be there anymore.
    I'm curious... What's the mildest ammo youve reliably run on it? Would you know what their reasoning behind the undersized gas tube is? The port looks small enough as it is... I cant imagine what good that type of tube would bring.
    Sorry man I was joking. They shipped some mid lengths with carbine gas tubes, that's what I was referring to.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mine has cycle everything ive put through it, it esp likes american eagle 55g XM193