Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
I have a WX150 and several TLR1s. the WX150 uses two separate articulating arms to activate the light in either constant or momentary mode. the TLR1 uses a rocker lever.

I am left handed and mounted on a pistol, the TLR locks into constant with a down push from the right side. mounted upside down in the 12:00 or on the left rail of an AR it works in momentary with a down push from the support side. the TLR is not suitable for me as a left-hand shooter on a pistol but is my choice for an AR.

the WX150 using two arms, works in momentary with a down push from either side and so is useful for both left and right hand use on a pistol. mounted upside down at 12:00 or on the left rail of an AR, a down push locks it in constant so, IMO, it is not a viable AR light.
I too own both the TLR 1s and the WX150, the WX150 is a very good light but not quite as good as the TLR 1s. I think your statement is incorrect, it is not a viable AR light (but not because of your example), maybe not in the 1200 position but in other positions it is. You see the 1200 position may be the current "cool guy" way of mounting a light, but not everyone mounts their light there.

The WX150 is not a viable AR light because of it's simplistic single locking bar mounting system. It is prone to movement, and can and will fall off of the rail system because there is no true locking mechanism. I've used both locking bars on rail systems and each one moves, not matter how it is placed on the rail. They have now completely changed the mounting system because of the flaw in the original design.

The TLR 1 series at least has a locking system that prevents any movement when installed correctly.

Just a minor disagreement in how you perceived things, nothing to get stirred up about.