Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Insights Weapon Lights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Allow me to go back a clarify my point about the independent movement of the WX-150 arms.

While I understand the usefulness of them (everyone having the same manual of manipulations), I have had issues with them. I've been in situations where I've put the light into constant mode with one lever (say the left lever) and been forced into situations where I'm unable to access that lever and am forced to leave the light on. There have been times where I have encountered this and after hitting the opposite side lever, I've put the light into constant strobe which further complicated the situation. For me; I want the levers to move together and not seperate.

Feedback Score
    Steve, I like the way you think and convey your thoughts.

My thoughts on batteries and AA's:
    1. Ideally I would like to have 1 battery type for all of my "tacticool" needs. Not 100% viable yet IMO. I use Surefire 620V's for my rifles.
    2. I would like re-chargeable batteries.
    3. RCR123's (re-chargeable 123's) don't work in most lights because of their high voltage capacity.
    4. Hard to argue the availability of AA's worldwide.
    5. Eneloop AA re-chargeables are ideal. They have very good shelf life for re-chargeables, decent mAh's (milli amp hours) and they can be re-charged 1500 times.
    6. I have a feeling the industry will move more and more to AA's. Interestingly, Insight states that the development of the WL1 was in response for the military's request for an AA powered WML.
    7. With solar and other technologies becoming more effcient, cheaper and more plentiful I really believe "re-chargeable" is the only future. Here is one example of a new technology that can be used for re-charging. http://www.npowerpeg.com/

X300c?? Wha dat? Do tell.

I agree, less lumens more burn time!!!

-T
    Last edited by mrtoyz; 02-04-12 at 01:41.

Feedback Score
    I havn't seen any reviews of the Insight x2 led. Anyone have one?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    I havn't seen any reviews of the Insight x2 led. Anyone have one?
    I have one on a Walther PPS. For a very small, light, and compact light it is pretty decent. For its size it is bright and is easier to handle than a handheld light with this gun. Lights this small aren't going to have the runtime or luminosity of a larger light, so things must be in proper perspective. Holstering isn't an issue for me so I don't really have any experience with this setup. The PPS has a very short rail, so a larger light probably wouldn't fit very well.

I just saw the Crimson Trace compact lights at SHOT and see this as a better solution, though for a compact gun. Much more streamlined and pretty decent output. Plus CTD makes great quality stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123