Thread: WaterBrick Water Storage

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

WaterBrick Water Storage

Anyone have any experience with the "WaterBrick" water storage system? Strength of container and handle? Strong plastic taste?

http://www.waterbrick.org/what-is-a-waterbrick.php

Attachment 11069

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Its a real cool concept, but personally for me its totally not worth the money. $17 for a 3.5 gallon container? You can buy 17 1-gallon jugs of water for that price...or nice sturdy 6-gallon plastic containers from Wal-mart for I think like $10 or so.

If you've got the money to spend it is a really neat idea, sure would make storage easy!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree with blaster. The walmart jugs are actually 7 gallons and bpa free. The water out of them is fine, especially for storage water, and much better than 1-gallon jugs for stacking. Made by Reliance I believe. Same guys with the sanitary products, i.e. honey bags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They are nice for maintaining a small footprint for lots of water. Bad thing about the Wal-Mart jugs is that they are not stackable. Space being a premium at times around my house, they are a good solution.

Built well, handle is sturdy too. Once you stack them opposed, they lock up tight. Honestly though, I did buy them when I had more money than I knew what to do with at the time.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have some of the Reliance containers (7 gal with a spigot) they are good quality, however, too heavy for smaller family members. I was thinking of the bricks for ease of handling and the stacking capability. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    They are nice for maintaining a small footprint for lots of water. Bad thing about the Wal-Mart jugs is that they are not stackable. Space being a premium at times around my house, they are a good solution.

Built well, handle is sturdy too. Once you stack them opposed, they lock up tight.
    This, and in a pinch they can be filled with sand/dirt/gravel for ballestic protection.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As for mass water storage, I've been considering one of THESE for the basement. <$1 per gallon cost vs. $4.85 per gallon. Not mobile by any means, but I could easily fill the water blocks I do have with it if need be.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    As for mass water storage, I've been considering one of THESE for the basement. <$1 per gallon cost vs. $4.85 per gallon. Not mobile by any means, but I could easily fill the water blocks I do have with it if need be.
    I like things like that better. It all depends really what kind of space you have, but for me a big storage tank like that is much more economical. I've got a giant, empty basement to store things like that.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I really like the concept, especially now that my divorce leaves me living in an apartment.

I'm just not too keen on the price per unit though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ordered 4 of the WaterBricks which arrived today. I am impressed. They are well built (in the U.S.A), sturdy material, strong handle and good quality rubber gaskets. Given their durability, the ability to stack them and their convenient carrying size, I believe that they are a good investment.

Attachment 11166

Attachment 11167