Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Friends,

I have had the ATF mail back my submission twice, once due to caliber changes and I forgot to sign the 1st time and now this:

"1. Trust name and transferee/applicants name must match exactly
    Weapon is not being registered to an individual or trustee of the trust, but the trust itself"

Does the above mean that I need to check the corporate box instead of individual?
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Friends,

I have had the ATF mail back my submission twice, once due to caliber changes and I forgot to sign the 1st time and now this:

"1. Trust name and transferee/applicants name must match exactly
    Weapon is not being registered to an individual or trustee of the trust, but the trust itself"

Does the above mean that I need to check the corporate box instead of individual?
    If you're filing as an entity, you need to check the box for Corporation or Other Business Entity in Section 2.

Then, your trust name (complete, no abbreviations) goes in Section 3a, and again in 3b with your mailing address.

The only place your name goes is Box 8, when you put "Firstname Middlename Lastname, as Trustee" (or whatever title you use).
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-22-14 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    People need to go back to the beginning and re-read this.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    People need to go back to the beginning and re-read this.
    Iraqgunz, I did go back to the beginning and I was even more lost... This is the first time I've submitted a form 1 utilizing my trust and I'm more confused than ever on what the ATF requires and what I need to correct.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Iraqgunz, I did go back to the beginning and I was even more lost... This is the first time I've submitted a form 1 utilizing my trust and I'm more confused than ever on what the ATF requires and what I need to correct.
    Did my answer not address the issue?

You're other option is to simply call the examiner tomorrow and ask.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see the forum is for "lower" but not sure if that only applies to AR-15's. If so, please disregard this and move/delete this post.

CZ Scorpion EVO question: where are you guys going to engrave your sbr's at? I'm thinking just below/above CZ-USA, KANSAS CITY, MO on the side with the serial number on it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What is the Email address at the ATF F-forums to build a SBR from a stripped M4 lower receiver?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    What is the Email address at the ATF F-forums to build a SBR from a stripped M4 lower receiver?
    this should help...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ltwhiteagle View Post
    I see the forum is for "lower" but not sure if that only applies to AR-15's. If so, please disregard this and move/delete this post.

CZ Scorpion EVO question: where are you guys going to engrave your sbr's at? I'm thinking just below/above CZ-USA, KANSAS CITY, MO on the side with the serial number on it.
    It's aimed at AR lowers only because of the popularity.

The engraving, per the statute, simply has to be on the frame, receiver, barrel or pistol slide (if applicable) and at least .003" deep. It's less restrictive than the serial number requirements.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm about to get my lower engraved are there any restrictions of the engraving placement? I'm considering getting my engraving underneath the pistol grip on the receiver.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast