Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A factory SBR can have any upper you want on it. Since the lower receiver has the manufacturer's name and city/state, as well as the serial number, there is no issue with swapping uppers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vinsonr View Post
    A factory SBR can have any upper you want on it. Since the lower receiver has the manufacturer's name and city/state, as well as the serial number, there is no issue with swapping uppers.
    Thank you very much sir, will most likely buying a 6921 and swaping the upper with an 11.5" BCM with URX 2.

Feedback Score
    What are people's opinions on using Legal Zoom, or some other software to create your trust vs using a lawyer? Is a trust from one of these sufficient?

I would be creating one in Texas, and I don't think trust have to be registered here. It seems like you could create a decent trust on Legal Zoom, but it would of course not be built around the fact that it is a NFA gun trust.

Just figured I would ask as I am just now starting to look into getting a sbr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    What are people's opinions on using Legal Zoom, or some other software to create your trust vs using a lawyer? Is a trust from one of these sufficient?

I would be creating one in Texas, and I don't think trust have to be registered here. It seems like you could create a decent trust on Legal Zoom, but it would of course not be built around the fact that it is a NFA gun trust.

Just figured I would ask as I am just now starting to look into getting a sbr.
    WB for what its worth heres what I found. Not sure if I buy secondhand info from the guy losing business because of it or not but then again thats your problem
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55903
    "I know enough about a lot but enough to get me in trouble none the less." Me

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

Believe me, I know about not doing the "popular thing." Be a gear and gun dealer, go onto a tactical gun forum and tell folks to STOP buying crap they don't need.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS View Post
    Does the form 1 get mailed to the Martinsburg WV address?
    Actually it doesn't. It needs to go to the GA address first, where they cash the check. It then gets forwarded to WV.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpd34 View Post
    Actually it doesn't. It needs to go to the GA address first, where they cash the check. It then gets forwarded to WV.
    Wrong, Form 1s go to WV.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireglock View Post
    Wrong, Form 1s go to WV.
    My local Class 3 advised GA and when I called the NFA Branch to be sure, they advised GA as well. This could be because I mailed both a Form 4 and Form 1 together. They cashed both checks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcpd34 View Post
    My local Class 3 advised GA and when I called the NFA Branch to be sure, they advised GA as well. This could be because I mailed both a Form 4 and Form 1 together. They cashed both checks!
    Form 4s go to GA, Form 1s go to WV.
    Peace, Jerry

I don't drink the koolaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO27 View Post
    If I were to buy a complete SBR, for example Colt 6921 or 6933, could I swap out uppers with one of different lengths (shorter than 16) or do I need to do something else to be able to do this. My ultimate goal is to have an 11.5" SBR like the 6933, but if I am not able to find a 6933 was gona go with a 6921 and buy a 11.5" BCM upper for it. Lower has to be Colt to be in compliance with my departments policy of RRA and Colt only rifles.

Thanks in advace, I am a noob when it comes to the NFA procedures.
    Also a noob to NFA, but where can I buy a complete SBR?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Some places sell complete Colt 6933's. I think Daniel Defense and Noveske also have complete SBR's for sale as well. You will have to do a dealer to dealer transfer (IIRC) and then another transfer to you (Form 4).

Quote Originally Posted by MH-47D View Post
    Also a noob to NFA, but where can I buy a complete SBR?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast