Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: How to SBR Your Lower by Scottryan

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Good to know AF, thanks.

I'm trying to keep it as short as possible...hence removing "firearm" and trying to use my initials.

Plan to have it done by Orion Arms as they are only a couple hours from me and I shouldn't have to deal with shipping/FFL baloney.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Like the shirt said:
    (Your last name) Trust
    (Your city), (state)

Keep it simple.

Feedback Score
    Do they have to have a money order or are you guys sending them a personal check?

ETA: Also, can I do the electronic finger printing or does it have to be old school ink?
    Last edited by Smash1969; 01-18-13 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Personal check could be a "no no." I use a check drawn on my trust account. It doesn't have to have a lot of money in it but some banks may require a min balance. You can add funds as needed to pay for other NFA items. Maybe someone else will chime in on the MO question. If your going the individual route then a personal check will work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've used personal checks on all of my trust items. It's not been a problem. The trust holds no other assets except the firearms.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Heh. There will be plenty of time for them to make sure any kind of check clears before the finish their processing and mail back the stamped form. I can't imagine that NFA Branch is very concerned about getting stiffed with a phoney check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    I've used personal checks on all of my trust items. It's not been a problem. The trust holds no other assets except the firearms.
    Guess I should have specified....I'm doing my SBR as an individual not a Trust.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash1969 View Post
    Guess I should have specified....I'm doing my SBR as an individual not a Trust.
    Understood. It doesn't matter. Personal check is fine.

2. Preparation of Application
    h. Remittance. A check or money order, made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, in the amount for the appropriate rate of tax (see instruction 2i) must be submitted with the ATF Form 4. Do not send cash.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    Understood. It doesn't matter. Personal check is fine.

2. Preparation of Application
    h. Remittance. A check or money order, made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, in the amount for the appropriate rate of tax (see instruction 2i) must be submitted with the ATF Form 4. Do not send cash.
    Cool. Thanks man. Anyone know about the prints? Electronic or ink?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash1969 View Post
    Cool. Thanks man. Anyone know about the prints? Electronic or ink?
    They haven't charged the form since 2006 so...

f. Photographs and Fingerprints. An individual transferee, except if licensed as a manufacturer, importer, or dealer under the GCA, must (1) attach to Item 16, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the frontal view of the transferee taken within 1 year prior to the date of the application and (2) attach two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card with blue lines) to the application. The fingerprints must be clear for accurate classification and taken by someone properly equipped to take them.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast