Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finished my new upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ball29 View Post
    I don't think anyone here openly despises this buffer, they just don't see any improvement over the regular H and H2 buffers. The ST-T2 is a concept product that fills a niche in the market. Spike's advertises them as "one of the softest shooting, smoothest, and quietest buffers on the market; not to mention it looks awesome!"
    Some people can feel a difference in "felt" recoil and others can not. I can't attest to whether they are quieter or not but I don't see how that has to do with the function of the firearm. Same goes with looking awesome, what purpose does looking awesome serve and how are you going to see the awesomeness when your rifle is assembled.

Here's an excerpt from another thread on M4C
    I agree. I have an H2 I bought from BCM, in my rifle with a carbine length system and it runs great with a standard spring. I don't care about the noise or the buffer looking cool. It came with a spikes exstension(extruded), spring, castle nut and receiver end plate that I got from aim for $56 so I thought it was a good deal. I never really intended to use the st-t2, I was going to get another H2 but I figured I'd try the spikes because it was between an H1-H2 in weight.
    It's worked great an I'm glad I went with it because I always see these threads posted by guys struggling to find the right buffer/spring combos so that their rifles will run right!

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I have a similar setup and it runs great. Only puked on one round out of the first 2000 or so. It was an impressive jam but only one so far. It was total shit ammo FWIW.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by primeform View Post
    yep, but I got it for $199 when they were doing introductory pricing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    yep, but I got it for $199 when they were doing introductory pricing.
    nice score. going to talk to my lgs about getting a spikes stripped lower sent here. i hate california gun laws. where did you buy the colt lower parts kit from?
    Last edited by primeform; 02-27-12 at 23:16.

Feedback Score
    Thank you wahoo and thecolter. I hadn't thought about use with corrosive ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    There really isn't a benefit to having the gas tube melonited for my setup, aside from me liking the fact that the gas tube doesn't shine from under the hand guard like a traditional gas tube does. I mainly bought it because I got it when I ordered the barrel since that's just what Spike's sells.
    Good points. It's only a $2-3 premium for a non-shiny gas tube, which to me seems fair enough for something mostly cosmetic and longer lasting than Krylon.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123