Thread: HK 416 pistol grip question

Feedback Score

HK 416 pistol grip question

UPDATE 2-16-12: I took my HK416 grip equipped SR-15 to the range today for a quick 510 rounds of shooting. Keep in mind that I have a nerve issue in my right arm at the moment, so I constanly have pain and numbness in my right arm/hand. Overall, I like it, I ended up moving the stock in one notch, so now it's in the second notch. Even with my gimp arm it did feel more natural/comfortable. I ordered one for the other AR that I shoot most of the time, my 5.45 AR.

Has anyone used the one in the first picture below? It makes sense to me, that with the current squared to the target shooting style that is being taught by most instructors that a straighter pistol grip would be more comfortable. I am comparing it to the "standard" grip angle that most ARs have, like the lower picture. I have one on order, so I'll find out soon enough. Any thoughts?

ETA: Thanks to HKparts.net from whom I borrowed the pictures from, I'm sure they know I'm only trying help to sell more parts.

ETA: Here are some pictures of the grip installed, and compared to the TD BG-17 grip it's replacing for now.

So far, I like it, it keeps the right arm close into your body and the angle of the grip is very comfortable with a short length of pull. With a lot of luck, I will get to go to the range on Wednesday to try it out.
    Last edited by handyandy; 02-16-12 at 21:08. Reason: LIVE FIRE UPDATE

Feedback Score
    If you run a short stock it helps, the Magpul MOE-K has a straighter angle as well that makes short stocks comfortable

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've actually been considering the upcoming BCM pistol grip that utilizes this approach, as it makes sense to me too. There just isn't any real good reason to have your wrist angled as much as standard grips call for. I had the similar Hk pistol grip on my 416, and liked it's grip-angle quite a bit.

Funny thing is, when I was younger and played a lot of paintball...all the paintball gun companies had pretty much the same angled grip as an AR15...and then over a number of years, pretty much all of them moved to a more straight up-and-down grip as seen on the Hk's, the K-Grip, and BCM's new grip.

With regard to aggressive shooting posture...I guess when it works, it works...no matter what you're shooting.
    Last edited by MikeCLeonard; 02-07-12 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FYI - http://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/sh...//////////true

Quote Originally Posted by handyandy View Post
    Has anyone used the one in the first picture below? It makes sense to me, that with the current squared to the target shooting style that is being taught by most instructors that a straighter pistol grip would be more comfortable. I am comparing it to the "standard" grip angle that most ARs have, like the lower picture. I have one on order, so I'll find out soon enough. Any thoughts?

ETA: Thanks to HKparts.net from whom I borrowed the pictures from, I'm sure they know I'm only trying help to sell more parts.

Nullus amicus melior - Nullus inimicus perior

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I used it in a 3 day patrol rifle class. Took it off after the first day due to excessive wrist/hand fatigue. I think it may have something to do with the way the grip is shapped, not the angle. Put the moe back on and the fatigue went away. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    OUCH! I feel stupid now, I paid double that from HKParts.net

Thanks, Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Off topic, but is it just me that thinks the second grip is similar to the tango down? Or is it the ange of the pic.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    Off topic, but is it just me that thinks the second grip is similar to the tango down? Or is it the ange of the pic.
    That's because it IS the Tango Down Battlegrip. The top one is the HK grip.

Feedback Score
    Bump for update

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    im waiting for the new BCM grip, same idea but with an integral storage compartment