Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Compensator Advice

Feedback Score

Seeking Compensator Advice

I am finding myself drooling over the Battlecomp 2.0. The more I watch videos on it and read about it, the more I want one to replace the standard A2 FH on a 16" Mid Length Rifle.

However, I am not really sure if it will be that beneficial for me. With a bullet button, a ten round magazine (Thanks CA), and a semi auto rifle, is there really that much of a difference for someone who is basically a cardboard killing, target shooting, weekend wannabe, like myself?

I'm trying not to add a ton of things to my rifle and keep it fairly simple and to the point. However, if something is a good upgrade then I am definitely willing to go that route. Hoping to get some feedback from others who may have some experience with muzzle devices or who are just more knowledgeable than myself on the subject. Thanks.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
    -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why the BC 2.0? I think the only difference between it and the 1.0 is that the 2.0 uses shims to index it, which allows for a suppressor to be used with it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    surefire brakes for me but i have 2 surefire suppressors

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    Why the BC 2.0? I think the only difference between it and the 1.0 is that the 2.0 uses shims to index it, which allows for a suppressor to be used with it.
    Open to other muzzle devices as well, such as the Surefire MB556K and others. Just looking for general advice on if they are even worth the cost for someone who will never be doing full auto firing or any type of competition shooting. You're right though, I should probably go with the 1.0 and use the crush washer instead of the shims fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
    surefire brakes for me but i have 2 surefire suppressors
    Suppressors are a no no for us Californian Civilians, for now...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ordered a BC 1.0 on Friday, it seems to be the best all-around muzzle device for reasonable flash suppression, recoil compensation, and alleviating the muzzle blast issues that most 'compensators' have.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I also wondered about the 1.0. Doesn't it have the exact dimensions as the A2?

Feedback Score
    It really depends on what you want from the device. If you are only worried about compensation there are better options for half the price. If you want to keep your shooting neighbors relatively more content while having compensation then look towards the BC. However with a BC you will still upset some people if you are killing paper on a range with benches and people shooting next to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It really depends on what you want from the device...
    Good advice Surf, thanks... I normally don't shoot at a range with close benches and what not but I can see I need to hit the Search function on here to look at some more muzzle devices as well as figure out exactly what I am looking for.
    Great Youtube channel as well.

Feedback Score
    You ever look at the F2 Dreadnaught? It works really well. You can find them at brownells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blasternank View Post
    You ever look at the F2 Dreadnaught? It works really well. You can find them at brownells.
    Thank you. I'm basically just looking for something to keep me on target without too much of an increase in noise. Flash is not a concern at this time. I'll do some digging and see what I can find on the Dreadnought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast