Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory: problems with their components and customer service

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Instant gratification is a huge problem in our country. I don't discount instances of lack luster customer service but some people do need to have a little more patience. I am not saying the OP is one of them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    90% of the bitching I've witnessed. Or don't understand that the shipping label is made before the item is shipped..... it states it takes 7-15 business days to ship....please allow more time for holidays specials....

Ordered my upper....next morning got a shipping label, was charged out of my account.....no tracking #.....days later still no tracking # WTF!......these Mother Fu.....wait....

"OH snap, it's only been 4 BUSINESS days (website says 7). They must make a shipping label when the order is prosessed (hence debtit card charged)....did I email three times in two days? did I call six times and hour? EXPECTING something NO! I was patient and new it would get here, after thinking things out of how they do work shipping......

But that's not how most people think anymore....INSTANT gratification damnit!

B
    That is one thing if you didn't think you were supposed to receive the items on a certain date and they didn't confirmed it would definitely get there by that date, and you didn't paid for the shipping to get it there on that date... But I did. I feel my calls and emails are warranted given the situation. And the lack of response, whether it is a customer wanting instant gratification or not, is unacceptable. You all have all acknowledge they are a start up in a competitive industry, lack luster CS and shotty QC is not a way to gain a loyal following, with or without growing pains.

Do I want things quickly and how I ordered them? Yes, but I don't think that is unreasonable, I am the customer paying for their product and service. They should be able to provide that, the other companies don't seem to have the severity and frequency of issues PSA has.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TedG View Post
    I am a professional ISO and FDA consultant and I'll be the first one to state that ISO certification means absolutly nothing as compared to government regulations and specific military requirements. Certified, audited, and accepted, mil-spec materials is the high card. ISO is an advertising gimmick and shouldn't influence anyone's opinion of an AR barrel.

Agree. It's mostly something a supplier puts on a flag outside of their facility so they can waive it around to let OEM's know they're not a **** up and have standardized record keeping. ISO certs can be bought and usually bites the OEM in the ass if they don't have effective site quality control. I wish I was the ass hat that invented ISO as I'd be rich and laughing my way to the bank. I don't know anything about federal contracts / specifications as I work in the free market economy.

Dano5326 Guest
    Your not going to get...: good, fast, cheap, and lightspeed customer service.

Customer service, man hrs, Is often the most expensive portion of a biz model decision. If the price is low & profit margin is $25, don't expect mach speed resolution to your queries.

Manage your own expectations. If it sounds too good to be true...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post

Customer service, man hrs, Is often the most expensive portion of a biz model decision. If the price is low & profit margin is $25, don't expect mach speed resolution to your queries.

Agreed PSA offers good and cheap, and i dot mind waiting a month to get a rifle or upper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post

I mean they are cheap but they aren't exponentially cheaper. And on some items they are more expensive.

But overall I 100% agree with you.

Lesson learned though. I do like to give the small guys a chance and do business with them but I will choose another start up from now on, probably G&R

Feedback Score
    I don't know if this is the same PSA that I used to see at the Gun Shows in North Carolina, but if it is, they are not a new business. All the PSA branded parts may be new, but operating as a business, they are seasoned. Up until recently, I have only heard good things about PSA. Hopefully, the issues they are facing now are just temporary.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I used to like them, but recent experiences have just been souring. From finding my middy upper from them comes with a round handguard cap to listening to their people talk about how great some random DPMS rifle is while in their store, and one of their employees having a personal rifle on display that isn't anything special (basic magpul'd rifle with an aimpoint) which isn't for sale but is for sale for the right price.

I suppose that's only the storefront I cant stand. If the people I find in the storefront are any indication though, I wouldn't be surprised by bad customer service.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    I used to like them, but recent experiences have just been souring. From finding my middy upper from them comes with a round handguard cap to listening to their people talk about how great some random DPMS rifle is while in their store, and one of their employees having a personal rifle on display that isn't anything special (basic magpul'd rifle with an aimpoint) which isn't for sale but is for sale for the right price.

I suppose that's only the storefront I cant stand. If the people I find in the storefront are any indication though, I wouldn't be surprised by bad customer service.
    What handguard caps are middies supposed to have?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tresmonos View Post
    Agree. It's mostly something a supplier puts on a flag outside of their facility so they can waive it around to let OEM's know they're not a **** up and have standardized record keeping. ISO certs can be bought and usually bites the OEM in the ass if they don't have effective site quality control. I wish I was the ass hat that invented ISO as I'd be rich and laughing my way to the bank. I don't know anything about federal contracts / specifications as I work in the free market economy.
    The difference betweem ISO and the FEDS is: A rare ISO failure will require some extra work and maybe a lost customer or two. A government CFR or mil-spec failure can padlock the doors to the supplier's business and possibly send someone to prison. ISO is a perpetual money scam. Uncle Sam plays for keeps.

BE AN ORGAN DONOR.
    You can give the gift of life to as many as 50 people!
    It takes less than 3 minutes to register.
    Go to: http://donatelife.net/register-now/

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast