Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory: problems with their components and customer service

Feedback Score
    i think PSA is having growing pains. I had a heckuva time getting any real answers from them concerning the lowers I ordered. I finally got the answer from their rep on another EBR forum.

All in all, it only took a couple of weeks to get them and they were fine. But it pisses me off when I get the runaround. I had the same sort of experience with DS Arms.

As for the quality, i have be satisfied though I admit I am mostly a weekend range warrior.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    What handguard caps are middies supposed to have?
    =======================================

The Special Force's Mil-Spec TDP requires Middies to have a triangular one...

Feedback Score
    And still nothing changes. When guys were praising PSA, I and many others said time will tell. After a sample of one or two bad experiences posted on the internet, the answer is still the same; time will tell.

PSA is not the new BCM or DD and they're rifles aren't horrible either. There's not enough of them out there to make any sort of informed decision. Nothing has changed. As said months ago, we'll know in a few years.

Feedback Score

Good POST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent: Mon 1/23/12 12:54 PM
    <snip>

I have been on the fence about PSA to say the least, I have inquired and also asked around extensively! Everything looks legit, however; I just cannot come to terms with them for my build. I go back and forth between them and BCM and I keep coming back to BCM, specifically the RECCE's. I want a badass build/rifle and I feel the only way to achieve this is with BCM.

I emailed them and asked if they could disclose some of their information, upper and lower receivers are CNC machined in house, when it came to barrels though they got really quiet, to each their own.

They have insanely good deals, but the more research I do the less thrilled I am.

Great Post
    Last edited by militarymoron; 02-06-12 at 13:41. Reason: no need to quote entire post

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Very true - I've always said in these damn threads that full disclosure would be their best friend right now as speculation is rampant.

Yes.

And, like I said before, I'm really surprised that PSA hasn't jumped in on this thread.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Positive Displacement View Post
    I have been on the fence about PSA to say the least, I have inquired and also asked around extensively! Everything looks legit, however; I just cannot come to terms with them for my build. I go back and forth between them and BCM and I keep coming back to BCM, specifically the RECCE's. I want a badass build/rifle and I feel the only way to achieve this is with BCM.

I emailed them and asked if they could disclose some of their information, upper and lower receivers are CNC machined in house, when it came to barrels though they got really quiet, to each their own.

They have insanely good deals, but the more research I do the less thrilled I am.

Great Post
    IMO, if you're questioning the quality / business ethics of a company then it's a no-go. It's alot of money; spend it right.

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    IMO, if you're questioning the quality / business ethics of a company then it's a no-go. It's alot of money; spend it right.
    And that is the crux of this whole discussion... the reality is, the ONLY reason PSA is selling so much product is the price! So if that is one's primary concern, then they can deal with the results of that decision. For me, the fact that I intend to have what I buy for many many years, and cases and cases of ammo, the few hundred bucks difference to get a Colt, BCM, Noveske, is well worth it, and over time averages out to very little. Everyone's mileage may vary however.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That's my way of thinking. PSA or [insert favorite bubba brand here] might work out for some people but not for me. I want to be confident that I'll have my rifle basically the rest of my life.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the reality is, the ONLY reason PSA is selling so much product is the price!
    They just raised their prices too.

Shame, I was hoping for good things.

I hope they are just growing pains, but 1st thing they need to do is get their customer service FIXED.
    Last edited by Shiz; 02-06-12 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc556 View Post
    Instant gratification is a huge problem in our country. I don't discount instances of lack luster customer service but some people do need to have a little more patience. I am not saying the OP is one of them.
    That's a primary reason, if not THE primary reason, why we insist that a reasonable amount of time and effort be invested before members attempt a public effort at redress of grievances.

Most 1st World folks have a skewed sense of how fast a lot of things actually happen, just because some things are capable of happening very quickly. Capability isn't the same as common practice, and is usually based upon a great many factors, but marketing blurs that aspect, even if we weren't choked with people who are educated to standardized tests instead of educated to a standard.

A recent example we had was somebody insisting that a lack of phone/email response within 48hrs was completely unacceptable....despite the fact that SHOT Show was going on at the time . So, despite the fact that the gripe itself was completely legit, the timeline was absolutely not; companies run reduced staffs during that time-frame, which isn't difficult to figure that out if you're a member of M4C...except for the subset of our membership that kids themselves as to how much SA they have. Ergo, that thread got canked with a quickness, even though the company in question rogered up in it, because the OP hadn't done his due diligence....not even CLOSE.

The idea that companies are usually engaging in business other than that of the individual seems to get lost in our give-it-to-me-NOW, self-centered society, but in this case, due diligence has been satisfied. Hence, the public peek behind the curtain.

We would, however, like to see less extraneous commentary in these threads. If you're not the vendor seeking to roger up, or the OP passing updates as they occur, members are probably kidding themselves if they think that anything they post beyond this point is truly relevant. While nothing up to this point is against policy, per se, they're kinda out of the "style guide," because lots of folks are posting just to say something, even though they don't have anything to say.

This is the OP's soap-box, not yours, so think hard before you hit that Submit button, because I'm gonna start scrubbing BS posts. I'm also not the only one watching this thread closely. Hint-hint.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast