Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory: problems with their components and customer service

Feedback Score
    Maybe we should be giving PSA some slack until more data & experience come in?
    Last edited by SIMBA-LEE; 02-11-12 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Okay, given the time-stamp, that was probably being typed as I posted, but that's exactly what I was talking about. IOT ensure that there's no confusion....

If you're not the OP with a status update, or the vendor, DO NOT post.

Once either of the above occur, responsible discussion may resume...within reason. Until either of the above occur, leave the line clear of traffic.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    PSA's rep here has been very helpful and I have my UPS call tag for return of the defective BCG, which I'll be shipping to them tomorrow.

I'll update when the situation is fully resolved, or (unlikely at this point) if things go awry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by erratic View Post
    I used to like them, but recent experiences have just been souring. From finding my middy upper from them comes with a round handguard cap to listening to their people talk about how great some random DPMS rifle is while in their store, and one of their employees having a personal rifle on display that isn't anything special (basic magpul'd rifle with an aimpoint) which isn't for sale but is for sale for the right price.

I suppose that's only the storefront I cant stand. If the people I find in the storefront are any indication though, I wouldn't be surprised by bad customer service.
    sounds like a normal gun store...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    PSA's rep here has been very helpful and I have my UPS call tag for return of the defective BCG, which I'll be shipping to them tomorrow.

I'll update when the situation is fully resolved, or (unlikely at this point) if things go awry.
    keep us updated OP

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliomorris View Post
    Colt..... colt.... Colt....
    Come on I know you guys all love colt hell so do I but get off this anybody but Colt, DD, and BCM.
    Not true. Colt, DD, BCM, LaRue, KAC, Noveske. The site likes quality, not names. PSA simply has not done well enough to even belong in the same sentence as the others. I don't give two shits about them; just trying to explain where many are coming from. Why buy questionable when proven is already on the shelves? Do all manufacturer's produce lemons? Of course, but PSA seems to have a higher probability of issues which is coupled with the fact their CS seems to be spotty at best.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    PSA seems to have a higher probability of issues
    Really? One BCG failure, one round shipped in chamber, a couple of mismatched gas tubes. Out of how many uppers/complete rifles sold? Do you know or are you just making assumptions? How many issues do companies like BCM, Colt, KAC, LMT, Noveske, etc have? Do they have a similar rate of errors, but have better CS to fix them quietly, or do they actually have less human errors?

I concur that PSA's CS seems to lack a bit, pehaps due to growing pains, but how can you make an intelligent statement, one way or another, on the probability of an issue without knowing all the facts?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyPistolero View Post
    I don't get these discussions. If you're talking about whether PSA/Spikes/whatever is 'as good as' brand X (BCM/DD/Colt/etc), then you've missed the point. Why screw around with Unknowns?!? We KNOW certain makers produce reliable products. Why would you purposely take a detour away from something know to be excellent?!?

If there were a shortage, I'd understand. If the price difference was measured by four figures, I'd understand.
    Yep. I have several co-workers who are looking for options and I tell them the same: BCUSA and they come back with all manner of companies and products. I've learned to "let the dead bury the dead"...
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    2 days and counting,no response on my issues.

I RETRACT THIS STATEMENT MY EMAIL ISSUES ARE TO BLAME
    Last edited by Freezerman1; 02-08-12 at 19:54. Reason: incorrect statement

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    //deleted sorry!
    Last edited by Javelin; 02-08-12 at 01:16.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast