Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory: problems with their components and customer service

Feedback Score
    I have had an bad experience with PSA just last week and this week as well. The order was supposed to arrive last friday, I paid for expedited shipping and received a UPS confirmation of the tag's creation. I needed the parts to finish the AR by the beginning of the week to bring it on a trip with me and I expressed this desire and need in my order's comments.

Friday, 1/27/12, came and went and the tracking number never updated from the tag's creation. I called 10 times in a row for multiple days, no answer. The voicemail recording says we are busy with the holiday season, well that was two months ago...and there is no reason for the inbox to be full and not accepting new messages. It is also unacceptable to not respond to emails in a timely manner. I had to send 3 emails over 5 days to get one response. The response was not acceptable either. It simply said "sorry, our system had a glitch, the LPK you ordered was actually not available. We will ship when it is available." That is it. No time frame, no acknowledgement of the fact that they made me leave my AR in parts and at home for the trip, no resolution or a real apology. Why was there a shipping tag created when they didn't have the parts to ship? Why would t they send an email or give me a call letting me know it would not be there by the date specified? All seems so simple and like common sense.

I asked them to send the other parts that are available and then over night the LPK so I can have it for the weekend. No response, again... I sent another follow up email directly asking for a timeline, compensation for my extra expedited shipping costs that were wasted and overnight shipping. I finally get a response days later saying, "We expect the parts in Friday, and will ship then." Fine, Friday it is. They could overnight the LPK and it will cost them $20, it will fit in a small envelop. But no, there was no acknowledgment of my request for overnighting the parts or sending the other parts out now that are available. I have requested confirmation the items shipped today and suffice it to say I have not heard a peep from them. I requested a refund to simply order from another source, knowing that I will receive the items at the same time if I order it now or wait for them to arrive from PSA. Again, not a peep.

This is the first time I have used PSA and it will also be the last time. I have ordered from Brownells, Optics Planet and Midway USA. All of these guys are awesome and have had amazing customer service. I received the items early! I told them I needed the items by a certain date and they gave me a guarantee that they would have it to me by then. Brownells is a much larger company and probably has access to an outside call center and more capital, but I guarantee it never takes a week for them to respond to an email...

Be warned, PSA has decent prices (still not the cheapest on all products, Brownells was actually cheaper on some) but their inventory statuses online are not accurate and they will not resond to your requests. Sometimes when a lot of people give sour reviews of a business online, it is because it is more likely that they only take the time and effort to do so when they have had a bad experience. Other times, it is because the company deserves that review...

I know this is a harsh review and if someone from PSA sees this please send me a message. I'd be happy to talk to you and my opinions of your company could be changed. I have a short term memory of bad customer service experiences, if a company remedies their issue and does right by the customers who are keeping them in business I will consider using them again. I hope this is the case, and if it is, you have my word I will post here again and update my thoughts of your company. Please reach out to me via email, phone or a message through this forum.

Order #: 100002387

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In this instance, I'd be frustrated too. But it's a bit early for the mob to be breaking out the pitchforks and torches.

I have gotten good customer service from PSA. It can be very difficult, if not downright impossible to contact them by phone, but they responded very quickly to PMs I sent them on this site. Try PM'ing them.

I agree a company should take care of problems, but excoriating them at every turn will only turn them away. PSA has taken some big steps towards fixing their problems. On this site, we can choose to offer guidance as to what we expect or we can just pile on the criticism and the hate at every little thing until they are driven away.

So far, I like PSA. They treated me fairly and then some. I have every confidence if I contact them with a concern, they will address it in a polite and professional manner
    Last edited by MistWolf; 02-03-12 at 13:58.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Youngbp04, moral of the story, next time just order the LPK from G&R

Feedback Score
    Oh, will say though...my last order was in Sept. I guess things were good then....heh.

Alot of this PSA unhappiness has been very recent that I've been seeing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    In this instance, I'd be frustrated too. But it's a bit early for the mob to be breaking out the pitchforks and torches.

I have gotten good customer service from PSA. It can be very difficult, if not downright impossible to contact them by phone, but they responded very quickly to PMs I sent them on this site. Try PM'ing them.

I agree a company should take care of problems, but excoriating them at every turn will only turn them away. PSA has taken some big steps towards fixing their problems. On this site, we can choose to offer guidance as to what we expect or we can just pile on the criticism and the hate at every little thing until they are driven away.

So far, I like PSA. They treated me fairly and then some. I have every confidence if I contact them with a concern, they will address it in a polite and professional manner
    But you're just a sample of one. It's the bad stuff they want to hear! Don't ya know?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    something i've discovered about south carolina... it may not get much snow... but it sure has it's fair share of flakes! sad, really. i, for the right price, would be more then happy to do their qc work. i'm fairly certain, they would have very few complaints. why? because i'm awesome.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    I picked up a PSA premium BCG last June since everyone else was sold out at the time. It's been great and I haven't noticed anything wrong with it. It really sucks for the OP that his experience has been this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    When's the last time he's had them in stock?!?!
    "...forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

"I had no real need to remove it, but I like to check out things to see why they're so wonderful." - markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    Newbie question, what / who is G&R I am assuming that is an abbreviation?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have placed close to a dozen orders with PSA. The most notable experience I've had with them was when I ordered a stripped lower. I placed the order a few days before Christmas, their site clearly said lowers ordered between late Dec and early Jan (don't remember exact dates) would not ship until Jan 15; I had mine in my hands on Jan 5. I also had no problem getting them on the phone to work out the FFL details. Everything else I've ordered from them I've received within four days.

A few days ago, I received one of their lpk's, I assembled the lower and put 90 rounds through it today. So far it seems to be just fine. Given the price point relative to other retailers, however, I still remain weary of their bcg's/uppers/etc.

G&R Tactical, C4IGrant on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngbp04 View Post
    Newbie question, what / who is G&R I am assuming that is an abbreviation?
    Last edited by Eric D.; 02-03-12 at 14:59.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast