Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory: problems with their components and customer service

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbp04 View Post
    Newbie question, what / who is G&R I am assuming that is an abbreviation?
    Www.grtactical.com

They are a sponsor and frequent posting and knowledgable member here. His SN is C4IGrant.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sorry to hear about your experiene. I have placed a few dozen orders with them and assembled well over a dozen rifles using their parts and never had an issue.

Course maybe I'm just lucky like that because I've never in all my years had an issue with any parts of manufactuer.
    Last edited by wahoo95; 02-03-12 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyPistolero View Post
    I don't get these discussions. If you're talking about whether PSA/Spikes/whatever is 'as good as' brand X (BCM/DD/Colt/etc), then you've missed the point. Why screw around with Unknowns?!? We KNOW certain makers produce reliable products. Why would you purposely take a detour away from something know to be excellent?!?
    I bought into the early GOOD reports... mea culpa... MEA CULPA!!!

As a longtime BCM kool-aid drinker, I am HEREBY taking the oath... that I will never, EVER, stray from the tap again!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    To OP: sorry about your woes.
    It's important for a store/retailer to remember that all it takes is just a few, if not one, jipped customer to start loosing business, especially now with online communication forums like this one.

Words travels at light speed now; bad words at Warp 9!

As far as my dealings with PSA, I've had great success, though most of my purchases have been ammo and smaller accessories and tools.

Let's hope PSA catches wind of this thread and adjusts fire.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Couple of guys on here recounted in other threads how PSA doesn't test fire their products--they shipped midlength guns with carbine length gas tubes installed. No way they would have worked.

Say what you will about my cheesey Bushmaster (1998 vintage), when I got it it had grunge in it from test-firing.

Any outfit that just bolts 'em together and ships 'em to the customer ain't for real.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotter260 View Post
    When's the last time he's had them in stock?!?!
    Last time I ordered oct I think

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am sold on BCM and my previous purchases will reflect that. However, since just before November I have placed a few orders from PSA which included one of their uppers. I received excellent customer service on all of my orders. As stated many times before, time will tell if their products measure up. Thus far I am very pleased with PSA products.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Univibe View Post
    Couple of guys on here recounted in other threads how PSA doesn't test fire their products--they shipped midlength guns with carbine length gas tubes installed. No way they would have worked.

Say what you will about my cheesey Bushmaster (1998 vintage), when I got it it had grunge in it from test-firing.

Any outfit that just bolts 'em together and ships 'em to the customer ain't for real.
    They test fire them or try to. One guy got a rifle shipped to him with a live round in it...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's probably obvious, but just to be clear, if PSA had simply replaced my defective BCG with a new one the first time, like they said they were going to back in December, I wouldn't have had a thing to say here. Even after their not-a-repair screwup, which was fairly insulting (the bolt on it looks worse than any other bolt I own, even though it purportedly has the lowest round count), if they had then made it right, I still probably wouldn't have said anything. But the looong process and the fact that a replacement was promised twice and never delivered, and that communications have ceased and I can't get them on the phone, is what prompted me to post here. Any manufacturer can occasionally let a defective item out the door. But you need to fix it when it happens, not screw around.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breadstick View Post
    yep really...that happened.

3 uppers out of the batch of 3000. lets put things into contex here.

All three were resolved and PSA started to test fire every upper now since that happened.

Is not consistant form from them. It was a one time floof.

But I know nay sayers will fling that out of their sleeve any chance they get......

In my world (which completely shades my context) 3 completely non functional units shipping out is indicative of a few things:

Lack of competency of assembly personnel
    Poor assembly instructions
    Lack of visual inspection
    Lack of function testing

The issue with the BCG tells me that at the very least they're not verifying critical dimensions on top of all of the above.

Some people get it right because they have a quality system in place because they make it thier business to get it right, others get it right by chance.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast