25 3.58%
  • Crye

61 8.73%
  • Vel-Tye

2 0.29%
  • Other

216 30.90%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Plate Carrier Member Survey / Review.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

-What plate carrier do you currently use?
    Crye JPC

-How did you choose this make/model?
    Same way I chose most of my kit; I look at what some of the guys who've been down range are using or suggesting and go from there.
    It was pricey, but I was there at the right time and I don't regret jumping on one when the chance came.

-Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    Pro:
    -Light weight so I can still load it down and not punish my knees.
    -Airlite cummerbund gives a whole lot more ventilation than all those layers of kevlar, and nylon I have in my Paraclete RAV. Definitely something I can wear in the hot Vegas summers.
    -Built in Admin pouch allows me to toss in a pen and notepad for when I take it to classes/comps or whenever I learn something worth writing down.
    -Built in rifle mag pouch is nice and slim. almost don't need the FirstSpear emergency reload pouch I added.
    Con:
    -Shoulder padding is almost nonexistent, if you load it down, get some after market pads. I chose FirstSpear because of the hydration/commo routing loops.
    -More of a nitpick, but I hate bungee retention for rifle mags (or any mags). I picked up a set of Esstac KYWIs and put them inside the flap and they retain my rifle mags nicely, allowing me to pull off the shock cord.
    Fighting guns should be boring and predictable.
    Training to use them in a fight should not.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    For SHTF. Diamondback Fat Attack plate carrier. At the time I chose it, it was the only one I could find made for 8x10" plates. 10x12s are too big for my frame. I see there are more options now and I am looking at the LMAC, JPC are on my list due strictly for the ventilated cumberbund. I don't need it to add shit too, I just need it to keep the carrier in place. I don't like that mine doesn't have a cumberbund, it moves around too much. Lightweight and thin enough to fit under a hoodie or coat is what I need it to do for my use (if ever needed.)

Last edited by Caeser25; 02-02-13 at 08:19.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    I see there are more options now and I am looking at the LMAC, JPC are on my list due strictly for the ventilated cumberbund.
    I just finally got a pic of my JPC up for my post a few back.

The skeletonized cummerbund is awesome.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    SKD PIG w/ molle cummerbund
    After looking at several reviews and speaking to other people who ran this rig, I pulled the trigger on it almost 2 yrs ago.
    The features of this PC are what most interested me. It retains both the front & back plates high to cover the thoracic cavity, regardless of plate size. This also assists me in gaining access to the items on my duty belt after putting the PC on. The construction and quality of materials used are top notch. I'm not easy on my gear and have had no issues to date. It's well padded and seems to distribute the weight of the plates and other gear well. I've worn it for 8 hrs at a time and have had no discomfort. The biggest selling point for me was the split cummerbund. I'm in the patrol division and sometimes have very little time to put on my gear. Leaving one side attached assists me in doing this and the split cummerbund insures that it doesn't come loose when attaching the other side. The fact that SKD makes top notch gear and has outstanding customer service doesn't hurt either.

Nothing to complain about as I'm very satisfied with my purchase. This may not be the cheapest PC, but as always you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question

bump for help on what is a good entry level III plates that doesn't break the bank.
    will be getting Banshee from SKD once approved (I'm civilian)
    based on reviews here and price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledanek View Post
    bump for help on what is a good entry level III plates that doesn't break the bank.
    will be getting Banshee from SKD once approved (I'm civilian)
    based on reviews here and price.
    Just to clarify - you can always purchase the Banshee from us. It's the Armor - hard and soft, that we need to get civilian's approved for.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    Just to clarify - you can always purchase the Banshee from us. It's the Armor - hard and soft, that we need to get civilian's approved for.

SOS

I could have placed my order so far back...let me finish paying my Veneno this week, then I'll place my Banshee order.

Thanks for the clarification, and please stop being ninjas and stop by more often

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Tyr Tactical BPC

I wanted a carrier that could be quickly and easily donned plus fit well over my uniform and soft armor. I liked the quality of the carriers I had seen, and the fact that they are made to order in the US really made me want one. The only other one that was similar was the Banshee, but after adding ar mag pouches it was a very similar price.
    Not upgradable for adding side plates. While this doesn't bother me for use in a patrol fashion it would be nice to be able to upgrade if needed. Velcro for adding name plates and badging is a little small. Shoulder pads are included and comfortable with or without soft armor underneath. Adjustments are very easily made.

Last edited by rathos; 04-06-13 at 01:51. Reason: add pic

Feedback Score
    Damn I've been through a few…Paraclete RBAV (not really a PC) Eagle PC w/ cbunn and PIG PC w/ soft armor cbunn.

Current PC is the LBT 6094B

I went with the LBT due to the internal side plate pockets and radio/utility pockets in the cummerbund. I can run my vest nice and slick with no bulk. The 6094B carries my plates, AMI Tac3s, almost perfectly. There is minimal padding behind the plate pockets which also cuts down on bulk. This set up, with my concealable IIIa underneath, is relatively light.

Only con I think of is the price. LBT ain't cheap. Oh well
    Last edited by msap; 03-26-13 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    I just wanted to do a quick review of my new Blue Force Gear LMAC.
    I will try to keep it as brief as possible.
    I was looking for a light weight carrier, but something that would carry the necessities. A light load-out, med kit, and some water. I previously had a Eagle PC and the difference is night and day. The LMAC is much more comfortable than the Eagle, as well as much lighter.

I currently have it set up with a BFG Ten-Speed triple mag on the front. It takes a little getting use to, but I have found it to be more fluid when doing mag changes. The mags are a tad difficult to replace at first but I have found that with break-in and practice, it is just as fast as USGI, Eagle, Edomm, FS, or ATS (haven't tried HSGI). On my right side I have a BFG Boo-Boo pouch for little items. I placed it high and front to keep from hampering my draw stroke. I only have placed my dip or Garmin 401 in it and it works perfect for that. The left side has a First Speer 2 pistol mag pouch and an HSGI Bleeder pouch. The Bleeder pouch is kinda hard to reach with the right hand, but with some maneuvering, it can be done. On the back I have a Tactical Tailor hydration pouch. It works for the intended purpose, but i'm not to keen on it hanging down below like it does. This will probably be replaced at some point but it is really a non issue. More aesthetics really. The plates that I am using in this are from bulletproofme.com. I opted for the medium triple curve level IV plates front and back. They fiit good and tight in the LMAC. The side plates keep tight to the sides and do not sag. The only thing I have done is put some bungie cord from a set of old ACU's on the PALs webbing connected to the front to help keep the side plates more secure than what the MOLLE Strip keeps it. I do have HSGI shoulder pads on it but i'm not convinced that they are all that necessary.

Overall, I am very impressed with the BFG LMAC. The LMAC carries well, and does not fatigue as fast as even the Eagle. Fully loaded with what i've put here -water, it weighs 26lbs, which is very manageable. I have ran many drills in this over the time that I have had it, and it works out better that I could have expected. I guess we will see the true test when I run it though some classes. I would recommend this Plate Carrier to anyone. My wife was equally impressed with it and we are planning on getting one for her as well.

I hope this helps with anyone searching for a PC. I know I searched around this forum as well as others searching i spent any money. I figured I would give back a little.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast