Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for tactical boots

Feedback Score

Recommendation for tactical boots

I don't have any need for a pair of tactical boots, but I like how they look and I have handled some different brands sold by my local gun shop and they feel very light and likely very comfortable.
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to which brand to consider? From my initial review, there are dozens of brands and the price range is very wide. I just want something comfortable for casual wear, that lasts and does not cost more than $120.00.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if you want high boots, or more of the mid style, but I spend a lot of time hiking, and my favorite boots are the Salomon Quest 4d GTX boots. They are normally $230, but REI has some on sale right now for $169, which, if you can spend the extra $50, you won't be disappointed. I have abused these boots hard and they have held up great.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you want something cheaper, Merrell makes quite a few good options in your price range

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Not sure if you want high boots, or more of the mid style, but I spend a lot of time hiking, and my favorite boots are the Salomon Quest 4d GTX boots. They are normally $230, but REI has some on sale right now for $169, which, if you can spend the extra $50, you won't be disappointed. I have abused these boots hard and they have held up great.

https://www.rei.com/rei-garage/produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you want something cheaper, Merrell makes quite a few good options in your price range
    I’ll second this. I don’t know if they’re what you consider “tactical boots”, but I’ve had quite a few pair of these. After my current pair wears out I’ll replace them with another of the same. They do make a “Forces” version if you’re looking for a more military look.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 03-11-23 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    Y'all gonna recommend GORE-TEX to a guy that lives in LA for casual wear? Seems... uncomfortable, at least for summer. Honestly, I would never consider a boot for daily wear, that shit's way too heavy.

Also not sure if y'all are aware, but Salomon is owned by a Chinese conglomerate at this point. The Finns still get their cut, as do the French, but ultimately, it's ANTA Sports that sits at the very top. Just something to be aware of, I personally would still consider Salomons for my personal needs, though I'm moving away from the XA Forces due to a design issue that makes it delaminate the tread in a very specific spot consistently for how I use it (with a ruck in rougher terrain).

For just looking cool in your 5.11s and shit, I would suggest the Salomon Speed Assaults, Speedcross 6 Forces, or the XA Forces Mid (non-GORE-TEX version).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 03-12-23 at 20:25.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score

I wear Belleville AMRAP boots daily for work. I work in khaki pants and a polo shirt. They are extremely comfortable and I use Super Feet green inserts. I live/work in South TX Hill Country near San Antonio.

I generally have a desk job but I have to walk a lot between buildings a couple blocks apart. I don’t want a heavy lug sole.

https://www.galls.com/tactical-resea...gaAlzcEALw_wcB

I think I bought them at LA Police Gear online but they are available other places.

Mine are over two years old and going strong. When they get a bit grungy, I buy a new pair and they continue to be used for weekend stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyn View Post
    I don't have any need for a pair of tactical boots, but I like how they look and I have handled some different brands sold by my local gun shop and they feel very light and likely very comfortable.
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to which brand to consider? From my initial review, there are dozens of brands and the price range is very wide. I just want something comfortable for casual wear, that lasts and does not cost more than $120.00.
    Merrell Moab for that price point.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get two pairs of Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Tactical Black and Camo.

Feedback Score
    I really like the Merrell Moab 2 tactical boots...sturdy, comfortable, waterproof. I have been wearing these tactical boots near me for 2 weeks. VERY comfortable boot and the tread is just slightly worn. but the zipper was constantly getting stuck on the material on the inside which made it very difficult to either zip up or down but functioned.
    Last edited by mpalmr8999; 03-14-23 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My job gives me a boot voucher for the local boot store.
    I was pretty happy with Bates that have a side zipper for easy on and off.
    They lasted for the year and I have them at home now after picking up another set.
    https://www.galls.com/bates-8-durash...002081&PMSRCH=

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I also really like the Merrell Moab. I've been wearing them for a few years. They're very comfortable and hold up to daily wear very well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast