-What plate carrier do you currently use?
Crye JPC

-How did you choose this make/model?
Same way I chose most of my kit; I look at what some of the guys who've been down range are using or suggesting and go from there.
It was pricey, but I was there at the right time and I don't regret jumping on one when the chance came.

-Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
Pro:
-Light weight so I can still load it down and not punish my knees.
-Airlite cummerbund gives a whole lot more ventilation than all those layers of kevlar, and nylon I have in my Paraclete RAV. Definitely something I can wear in the hot Vegas summers.
-Built in Admin pouch allows me to toss in a pen and notepad for when I take it to classes/comps or whenever I learn something worth writing down.
-Built in rifle mag pouch is nice and slim. almost don't need the FirstSpear emergency reload pouch I added.
Con:
-Shoulder padding is almost nonexistent, if you load it down, get some after market pads. I chose FirstSpear because of the hydration/commo routing loops.
-More of a nitpick, but I hate bungee retention for rifle mags (or any mags). I picked up a set of Esstac KYWIs and put them inside the flap and they retain my rifle mags nicely, allowing me to pull off the shock cord.