25 3.58%
  • Crye

61 8.73%
  • Vel-Tye

2 0.29%
  • Other

216 30.90%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Plate Carrier Member Survey / Review.

Feedback Score
    image.jpg

Black hawk strike cut a way w/ 3-D mesh.

Was recommended, had a big discount, and can up grade the bullet resistance.

Pros: The mesh is cooler, but warm in the cooler temps, DURABLE, good real estate, comfortable, good fit and balance.
    Cons: A little slow to don with adrenaline at go time, wish it was a little thinner, especially on the sides.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    -What plate carrier do you currently use? I am currently using the SKD PIG with the soft armor compatible cummerbund but I also own and have used in the past the elastic.

-How did you choose this make/model?
    I read reviews and had a list of features that were important to me in a PC that the PIG met.

-Likes/Dislikes? Strengths/weaknesses?
    I have grown to dislike my PIG the more time I have spent in it, I am a very small person and find that the PIG which is considerably wider than some other PCs just has too much material for someone of my frame size (5' 9, 140 soaking wet). I am left with next to no room to shoulder my rifle. I found that certain plate carriers such as the Mayflower APC and velocity system offerings suited my needs far better. I will say though the PIG has some definite strengths. I do like the split front design allowing me to only have to lift one side of the front to release my armor. I also will tip my hat to SKD on the quality of construction. It is a very well made piece of kit and I do not regret my purchase but more so have seen my needs change and my size dictate what will work for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    -What plate carrier do you currently use?

Current: BFG PlateMinus w/ stand alone SAPIs.

Wanted a PC that is low profile and can be run slick most of the time. BFG is one of the few manufacturers that make a Gray PC. Was not interested in an overt color.

Material is very strong and has a minimal foot print even when ran with SAPIs matching BFG pouches & mags. Shoulder straps are comfortable for extended periods, no pads necessary. Perfect if your needs are not full battle rattle. Recommend BFG pouches to match PC as it lays almost flush if not used - as pictured.

P144:1

Feedback Score

Crye AVS in coyote. Side 6x9 plate, radio pouches, 3 band cumberbund, dump pounce, zip on backpack.

The harness makes wearing plates for a long time comfortable. I also wanted to be able to reconfigure the carrier based on need and climate.

It really only works with Crye chest rigs. I wanted to glues a D3CR instead on the 3 mag pouch but it's incomparable with out some hacking. The inner material on the harness can retain water or field gunk.

These are minor problems compared to how reliable, configurable, and quality it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Picked up a Velocity Systems lwpc awhile back and got some level iv Safariland multi-curve 10x12s off a buddy of mine for next to nothing.

I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    USMC eagle Ind. Scalable plate carrier is my choice. Mainly because its the one that was issued to me and have worn for 5 years so its like 2nd nature to me. I also utilize a tag phalanx chest rig lol figured if throw in my G23 my precious in there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rcasey02; 03-22-14 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Grey ghost gear minimalist pc with midwest armor guardian iv plates.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You guys are missing the point of this thread, read the OP.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    This is a long thread! I'm going to have to go back and read through it again to respond appropriately.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Mayflower plate carrier, coyote brown. I've attached and ATS triple mag pouch and an ATS double pistol mag pouch on it so far. I use it and an ATS belt for other gearI was looking at the PIG carrier but felt it maybe a bit on the bulky side for me since I'm a smaller framed person. So glad I went with the Mayflower, it fits me like a glove. Really couldn't see myself letting it go for anything else!

Mainly chose it because of how low profile it was, all the awesome reviews it's received, and because the price point was just right. It was simple and too the point and does exactly what it's suppose to.

One weakness I found to me was the shoulder pads. The mesh material that sits on your shoulders really dug into my neck leaving it raw feeling only after a few minutes of wearing it. Tried wearing it without them but the 16 pounds worth of plates really began to dig in. So, I opted for the SKD shoulder pads. They are a match made in heaven. They aren't much wider than the shoulder straps so they fit and feel perfect! If anyone else experiences the same issue, you should look into those.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast