Thread: HK 416 pistol grip question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

HK 416 pistol grip question

UPDATE 2-16-12: I took my HK416 grip equipped SR-15 to the range today for a quick 510 rounds of shooting. Keep in mind that I have a nerve issue in my right arm at the moment, so I constanly have pain and numbness in my right arm/hand. Overall, I like it, I ended up moving the stock in one notch, so now it's in the second notch. Even with my gimp arm it did feel more natural/comfortable. I ordered one for the other AR that I shoot most of the time, my 5.45 AR.

Has anyone used the one in the first picture below? It makes sense to me, that with the current squared to the target shooting style that is being taught by most instructors that a straighter pistol grip would be more comfortable. I am comparing it to the "standard" grip angle that most ARs have, like the lower picture. I have one on order, so I'll find out soon enough. Any thoughts?

ETA: Thanks to HKparts.net from whom I borrowed the pictures from, I'm sure they know I'm only trying help to sell more parts.

ETA: Here are some pictures of the grip installed, and compared to the TD BG-17 grip it's replacing for now.

So far, I like it, it keeps the right arm close into your body and the angle of the grip is very comfortable with a short length of pull. With a lot of luck, I will get to go to the range on Wednesday to try it out.
    Last edited by handyandy; 02-16-12 at 21:08. Reason: LIVE FIRE UPDATE