Thread: Training focus AFG / training in Europe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Training focus AFG / training in Europe

Mr. Vickers

I'm currently serving as an officer working with an Infantry platton in the Swedish Army. We are to deploy to AFG in
    1,5 years and I'm looking to step up our training with our carbines to make me and my soldiers into better shooters.
    So far focus has been on weapons manipulation and speed inside 100 yards. What do you feel is important to focus on considering
    combat distance in said country? Any tips on drills to enhance capability on longer distances?

Due to ITAR, training with you or any other accalaimed shooting coach in the US is not possible. Are you aware of something of similar quality in Europe?
    Looking to become a better "duty shooter" as well as stepping up my 3-Gun game with my AR15.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Feedback Score
    Look at making head shots within 100 yards and upper torso shots past that
    Also practice from different positions - get comfortable shooting the weapon from less than ideal body positions

ITAR has been a problem for sure but unfortunately I know of no EU trainers on the same level as those in the USA- which is a direct by product of the gun culture here

Good luck in Afghanistan and be safe

LAV

Feedback Score
    If any NATO allies can get ITAR sorted out you are more than welcome at any of my classes- I know the travel over to the USA can be tough but I really appriciate your support in the War on Terror

Be safe

LAV

Feedback Score
    We still have the same problem here in Germany.
    Is there a chance for members (officers and NCOs) of NATO forces to join a gun training in the U.S.?
    Recoil is your friend!!!

Proud Israel and IDF supporter!