Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy in CT

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Tragedy in CT

I believe that a if employees at that CT school would have had even a small amount of first aid training lives could have been saved. It's just too bad people hadnt thought "what if" and taken the proper steps to be prepared.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Point taken, but too soon to Monday morning quarterback that event. As a very experienced pre-hospital provider I have had the displeasure of responding to a MCI with children, not even near this magnitude, and it was still traumatizing. I cannot even begin to think of the horrors the school staff had to deal with so I can give them, as non-medical folks, a pass.

I am sure, like all of the other events, the response, triage, treatment, etc., will be parsed and an AAR will come out so we can all learn from their experience.

Prayers out to the families and responders. I have shed tears over this.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Point taken, but too soon to Monday morning quarterback that event. As a very experienced pre-hospital provider I have had the displeasure of responding to a MCI with children, not even near this magnitude, and it was still traumatizing. I cannot even begin to think of the horrors the school staff had to deal with so I can give them, as non-medical folks, a pass.

I am sure, like all of the other events, the response, triage, treatment, etc., will be parsed and an AAR will come out so we can all learn from their experience.

Prayers out to the families and responders. I have shed tears over this.
    Very well said.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not from CT nor related to anyone over there, yet, I myself need some time to mourn.

It upsets me even more, it has become an agenda.

R.I.P. to those precious angels and the staff of that school.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boker55 View Post
    I believe that a if employees at that CT school would have had even a small amount of first aid training lives could have been saved. It's just too bad people hadnt thought "what if" and taken the proper steps to be prepared.
    That's a fair bit of assumption there...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Prevention

I agree the training in dealing with trauma would never be a bad idea, but who knows how helpful it would have been in this specific case. I don't want to Monday morning quarterback any of the people who lived through this tragedy.

I hope I don't offend, but after 9/11, we decided to allow pilots who chose to do so to be armed in the cockpit. That was a good choice. It serves as a deterrent, and could allow a potential victim or innocent by-stander to stop an attacker. I think it is time to allow teachers and administrators in schools to carry concealed in our schools. David Grossman has said that in several school shootings, the killing stopped when the attacker was confronted by a determined individual.

My condolences to the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy. I cannot fathom their pain.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These children were shot multiple times at close range with a rifle. The fact there were no survivors refects the significantly higher lethality of a rifle round over a handgun more than it does any lack of first aid training by those at the scene.

The scene in that school must have been horrible beyond words.

Feedback Score
    It's entirely too early to tell. We don't have enough data about the incident and won't for some time. School teachers are not seasoned U.S. Navy Corpsmen, so I don't think it is appropriate to make judgemental statements about anyone who might have been in a position to render aid under fire.

God bless the souls of the departed and those who have to live with this incident.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-16-12 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boker55 View Post
    An ongoing thread exists on this topic of CT event BTW.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    An ongoing thread exists on this topic of CT event BTW.
    A lot of us cannot participate in General Discussion. That may be why this thread was started here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast