Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NH Man Arrested for Firing Gun into the Ground

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

NH Man Arrested for Firing Gun into the Ground

NH man arrested for firing gun into the ground while capturing robber

This is why we were taught not to fire any warning shots. IMHO, the man screwed up because he put others in danger from the possible ricochet.

However, I think it is bogus that he will be charged for a felony for something like this. I hope they just let him off with a warning. JM2CW.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm not a proponent of warning shots. However, anyone complicit in charging this man with a crime should be shot themselves. No one was harmed and it ended with the bad guy being put in jail.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just read about this independently and came over to M4c to post about it.

Setting aside the issue of warning shots, it's just infuriating that this guy, who has a totally clean record and a legally owned pistol, could be arrested under the circumstances. OK, so it's illegal to fire your pistol except in direct self-defense, but what about when (a) your house has been robbed, (b) the burglar obviously just robbed the neighbor's house and is exiting it, and (c) you don't want to let him run off with your stuff but you feel endangered. Something very like this happened in TX and the property owner was let go, under MUCH more extreme circumstances.

I too hope he gets off with a warning, even if he was "guilty" of violating some NH statute.
    Last edited by maximus83; 02-21-12 at 18:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    funny, a guy here in Houston did the same thing with a .50 Desert Eagle when someone was getting robbed on his street and the cops didnt care. Havent seen any articles showing they were gonna charge him

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    funny, a guy here in Houston did the same thing with a .50 Desert Eagle when someone was getting robbed on his street and the cops didnt care. Havent seen any articles showing they were gonna charge him
    I think this is the same story you're talking about with video: http://www.khou.com/news/Bellaire-ma...139325908.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the TX case I was thinking of, it's where the guy saw the robbers exiting the neighbor's house, confronted them with a shotgun, and killed them even while he was on phone with 911. There are differences obviously from the OP's incident, but in PRINCIPLE, there are similarities because it was someone else's house, he didn't HAVE to confront the robbers but chose to, and when he felt threatened, he responded (with deadly force in this case, with only the threat of force in the OP's story).

Maybe the moral of this story is, if you want to shoot BG's and have a better chance of not going to jail, move to TX. I've been considering it anyway (for job reasons).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hor...ng_controversy

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I'm not a proponent of warning shots. However, anyone complicit in charging this man with a crime should be shot themselves. No one was harmed and it ended with the bad guy being put in jail.
    Agreed
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My wife fired a warning shot once and it surely kept me from having to put a .357 hollow point into the chest of a man advancing at me with a frog gig. I was glad I didn't have to kill him. I had asked him twice to drop it and he kept advancing on me with it and was getting in position to strike me with it even though I had my handgun aimed at him in full view.
    I didn't even know she was packing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As a former NH resident, this story is embarrassing (and not because of the Gentleman's actions...)

-
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    As a former NH resident, this story is embarrassing (and not because of the Gentleman's actions...)

-

Are you familiar with the seacoast area of the state? It is, for all practical purposes, Northern Massachusetts in terms of political and police procedure.

This also shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that knows the NH laws on justified use of force.

I don't know whether or not this guy was justified in his actions, but I am not in the least bit surprised that he should be arrested and charged, considering the location, and general attitude in that part of the state.
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 02-21-12 at 21:23.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast