Thread: Help in keeping the area clean when cleaning.

Feedback Score

Help in keeping the area clean when cleaning.

After shooting last week it was time to do some cleaning. I do not have a dedicated area to cleaning other than the outdoor shed. Being in WY and being a wimp to sit my azz out in the cold to clean I did it inside. (make sure you have good ventilation). I did it in the laundry room that I could air out without fumigating the whole house.

I have the luck of knocking over atleast one of the liquids and didnt want to have the fluid in the rug/floor and came up with this.

With having 3 dogs and with them alone during work hours we have trained them to use the puppy training pads. At WallyWorld they are about $24 for 100. Plastic bottoms to prevent leak through, cotton type stuff in the middle and a pass through plastic top. And best part, they are white! I used to use a black felt pad and got tired of the "where the hell is that........". When all done, roll up and throw away.

Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At

Feedback Score
    Good idea. Thanks for sharing
    Philippians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Now that IS a good idea. I use the black/grey Brownells mats now, and I've experienced exactly what you're talking about. Another good trick when cleaning in a rest is to use an old coffee can to catch the drip and patches from the muzzle, then you can just cap it when you're done. Works a treat when you're cleaning a bolt gun on the coffee table.

As far as the odor. Tell the woman that Shooter's Choice does not "stink", and you don't want to hear another word about it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Good idea!

I'm looking for a bib apron to wear to keep my clothes clean.
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys must have some vigorous cleaning rituals.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Interesting. I normally use an old white towel, folded in half on the kitchen table. I damaged a small section of the clear coat(wood table)with a small spill a while back and had to touch it up. Your idea seems a good remedy to avoid futrure mishaps.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I'll have to check these out, I usually grab a 5 or 6 sheets of newspaper and lay 'em out on my floor. I have a burning barrel in the back of my house so it's not too big of a deal but this looks like it's worth a try.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Now that IS a good idea. I use the black/grey Brownells mats now, and I've experienced exactly what you're talking about. Another good trick when cleaning in a rest is to use an old coffee can to catch the drip and patches from the muzzle, then you can just cap it when you're done. Works a treat when you're cleaning a bolt gun on the coffee table.

As far as the odor. Tell the woman that Shooter's Choice does not "stink", and you don't want to hear another word about it.
    Great idea on the coffee can, got one waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    You guys must have some vigorous cleaning rituals.
    On a rangeday we have 9 guns to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Colt 6920 View Post
    Interesting. I normally use an old white towel, folded in half on the kitchen table. I damaged a small section of the clear coat(wood table)with a small spill a while back and had to touch it up. Your idea seems a good remedy to avoid futrure mishaps.
    They are big enough to hold a small bottle of bore cleaner, plus more haha.
    Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At