Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
Is it CHF? Yes.

Is it 4150? Yes.

Is it chrome lined, 1/7 twist? Yes.

Is it HPT'd, then MPI'd? Yes.

What is with the FN obession lately? Everyone seems to be so enamored with the fact that PSA, Spikes, "BCM", ect. barrels are from FN. As if they are the ONLY decent producer of barrels. DD makes fine barrels as well.
It's not an obsession with FN barrels; it's more that FN makes a great barrel and with PSA and Spikes sourcing from them, it shows they want to play on the level of the better companies like DD etc. Not saying they're there yet, not saying they're not either because not enough time has passed and not enough rifles are out there to know, just saying it's a step towards being a company that makes a legitimate defense or duty product. I don't think anyone would dispute that DD's CHF barrels are very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
I'm pretty sure BCM uses DD barrels. People over on barfcom are just assuming BCM is using FN barrels, because.. well.. just because? I don't really care either way because both make an excellent product that's sure to please.
BCM does not use DD barrels. Paul made that clear in thread on another site. They never have used them.