Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense or Spikes Tactical CHF Barrel

Feedback Score
    I guess to confuse myself even more I have found a non CHF Daniel Defense barrel in government profile for about $60 cheaper. The extra money is not an issue if it is worth it but I also don't believe in spending money if its not needed.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    What is with the FN obession lately? Everyone seems to be so enamored with the fact that PSA, Spikes, "BCM", ect. barrels are from FN. As if they are the ONLY decent producer of barrels. DD makes fine barrels as well.
    I'm pretty sure BCM uses DD barrels. People over on barfcom are just assuming BCM is using FN barrels, because.. well.. just because? I don't really care either way because both make an excellent product that's sure to please.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hmbeal View Post
    I guess to confuse myself even more I have found a non CHF Daniel Defense barrel in government profile for about $60 cheaper. The extra money is not an issue if it is worth it but I also don't believe in spending money if its not needed.
    Those are also excellent barrels. You may give up some life vs. CHF but for a "range gun" it isn't likely to matter.

Feedback Score
    I have the spikes midlength chf that I got for $199 introductory price for the stripped barrel(I was going to send to adco to have FSB pinned on but slapped AA piston kit on as I wanted a total "self-build"). They first shipped a standard barrel but the funny thing was it was in wrap that had fn cage code on it, they(spikes)say fn dnt make their standard barrels. Anyway I finally received it finished the build and shot it side by side with my DD m4 carbine chf barrel and I can't tell the difference shooting off hand with two different gas systems and gas port distances.
    Last edited by jet80tv; 02-20-12 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    Double post sorry.
    Last edited by hmbeal; 02-20-12 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to everyone who helped out here. I went ahead and placed my order today and am just giddy like a schoolgirl right now. In case anyone was wondering, this what i went with.

1.Daniel Defense CHF lightweight 16" barrel.

2.Daniel Defense BCG.

3.Daniel Defense low profile gas block clamp on style.

4.VLTOR BCM Mod 4 charge handle.

5.Troy VTAC 13" Alpha battle rail.

6. Mid-length gas tube, barrel nut, A-2 flash hider and crush washer.

This is all going on a Mega arms forged upper receiver I have and will be mated with a Mega Billet lower with a Daniel Defense lower parts kit and buffer tube with H-buffer already installed. If anyone notices anything that I may have missed please let me know so I can get it ordered. Thanks again for the help from the guys here and the guys at Rainier Arms.
    Last edited by hmbeal; 02-22-12 at 10:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmorris View Post
    I'm pretty sure BCM uses DD barrels. People over on barfcom are just assuming BCM is using FN barrels, because.. well.. just because? I don't really care either way because both make an excellent product that's sure to please.
    Just curious, can you post a link that gives proof of who makes the barrels for BCM?

Not trying to bust your balls, but it's really best if people don't post what they *think* to be fact, but the actual fact itself. Nothing wrong with saying you don't know, but I always thought that this site was driven towards hard data, not speculation.

Again, not an attack at you, just an observation.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Spike's has used CHF barrels from both DD and FN. Originally, all of Spike's CHF barrels were from DD. Only more recently have they transitioned to the custom FN barrels.

If you get an older Spike's CHF URG, most likely it'll have a DD barrel. If you get one of the newer "ST Elite" URGs, you'll get an FN barrel.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadyUp View Post
    Just curious, can you post a link that gives proof of who makes the barrels for BCM?

Not trying to bust your balls, but it's really best if people don't post what they *think* to be fact, but the actual fact itself. Nothing wrong with saying you don't know, but I always thought that this site was driven towards hard data, not speculation.

Again, not an attack at you, just an observation.
    I was not trying to state it as a fact. I apologize if that's how my post came across because I'm not trying to spread unverified or incorrect information. I do not claim to be an expert. I'm saying that it is my belief that BCM is using Daniel Defense barrels or have in the past. I draw this conclusion not from a link or article but rather from my experiences and credible sources on this forum. I could have sworn that BCM provided the information on them using DD barrels at some point. I'd like to know for sure either way.

OP, you made some fine choices for hardware. What about sights, though? I'm currently running LMT's rear adjustable sights and I highly recommend them. You can get them from botachtactical.com for $50, or $70 for front/rear (!!!).. The rear alone usually go for $120. Of course, since your rifle is primarily DD you may want to just go with their irons for completions sake.
    Last edited by djmorris; 02-21-12 at 09:47.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    While FN does produce barrels for several different companies, the devil is in the details that each individual company specifies…

As far as the birthplace of BCM CHF barrels goes, the information is out there, or at least was at one point.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast