Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daniel Defense or Spikes Tactical CHF Barrel

Feedback Score
    Ohh, ohh! I know!!! pick me pick me!
    Muzzle punch optional.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, had to do that.

Spike's does do a melonite treatment and such which is unlike others (in that it's fairly distinct). I would suppose the conditions the barrels are in when shipped to the different manufacturers differs. In other words, the chome lining and finish of the barrels is not done at FN for Spikes, but may be done for other companies otherwise. Is this a fair assumption?

Just here to learn.
    Last edited by Casull; 02-21-12 at 17:54.
    Muzzle punch optional.

Feedback Score
    djmorris,

Not to bring this of topic now but I going with TROY folding Battlesights. I already have them but forgot to post it. I am going to run an optic on this rifle but haven't decided what to do with so thats still up in the air.

Feedback Score
    BOOooo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker View Post
    It's not an obsession with FN barrels; it's more that FN makes a great barrel and with PSA and Spikes sourcing from them, it shows they want to play on the level of the better companies like DD etc. Not saying they're there yet, not saying they're not either because not enough time has passed and not enough rifles are out there to know, just saying it's a step towards being a company that makes a legitimate defense or duty product. I don't think anyone would dispute that DD's CHF barrels are very nice.
    I know its not necessarily an "obsession", just that it seems that "FN" has become the new "milspec" for AR's. The fact that a companies barrel is made by FN seems to be a big advertising point recently. I think its more over hyped than anything. Just because FN makes it doesn't necessarily mean its true FN-grade quality. They will make it to the specs of how the customer wants it.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    I know its not necessarily an "obsession", just that it seems that "FN" has become the new "milspec" for AR's. The fact that a companies barrel is made by FN seems to be a big advertising point recently. I think its more over hyped than anything. Just because FN makes it doesn't necessarily mean its true FN-grade quality. They will make it to the specs of how the customer wants it.
    I think it is a selling point though. Like a DD CHF barrel, you're starting from a certain quality point. Also, it presents an opportunity for some to buy a barrel that may not have previously been affordable to them. Not a bad thing. As the discussion above, it's hard to say what happens after that and it's going to be awhile before we know.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hmbeal View Post
    Thanks to everyone who helped out here. I went ahead and placed my order today and am just giddy like a schoolgirl right now. In case anyone was wondering, this what i went with.

1.Daniel Defense CHF lightweight 16" barrel.

2.Daniel Defense BCG.

3.Daniel Defense low profile gas block clamp on style.

4.VLTOR BCM Mod 4 charge handle.

5.Troy VTAC 13" Alpha battle rail.

6. Mid-length gas tube, barrel nut, A-2 flash hider and crush washer.

This is all going on a Mega arms forged upper receiver I have and will be mated with a Mega Billet lower with a Daniel Defense lower parts kit and buffer tube with H-buffer already installed. I anyone notices anything that I may have missed please let me know so I can get it order. Thanks again for the help from the guys here and the guys at Rainier Arms.
    All that, from Rainier Arms - you did good!
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Finished the build and was able to take it out and run it for the first time. Wasn't much of a day but was able to run 60 flawless rounds threw her. I know this isn't much of a test yet but being this is my first build I was more than happy the rifle functioned perfectly. As a matter of fact my wife was so impressed with it that when we got home we placed a order for a Rainer Arms upper, Rainer Arms Zombie lower, Daniel Defense BCG, and Daniel Defense LW CHF 16" barrel for her. This was her first time firing a rifle and she loved it and is excited to start building her own rifle. I will be updating with pics in the Custom build forum when I finally get around to it but just wanted to share this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234