Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commander, Roadhouse, or CQC 8?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The Roadhouse is a sexy blade. It is like a Samurai sword in your pocket. However, the CQC-8 is and probably always be my favorite Emerson design. You cant beat its capabilities and style! A BTS CQC-8 is the way to go IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the Roadhouse is a very attractive design. I carry it off duty, and a CQC-15 w/ serrations for on duty. The RH came very smooth, super sharp, and well centered from factory. I’m very impressed with the RH. The stonewash finish is part of my RH's sexiness. I’ll obtain the Commander in the near future.

Feedback Score
    I have a CQC 8 and a Commander. Like them both. All 3 are great knives and will suit you well. I think its safe to say it all comes down to personal preference.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What's the end use of these?

I carried a CQC-8 exclusively for a month in the rockies, it served great. I don't think I'd have preferred the tanto on the Roadhouse for resharpening out there. I've also carried the Super Commander and loved it when I had gloves on or had to use it under stress. My Roadhouse is just starting to get carried but its a perfectly usable knife as well. All things being considered, I would especially pay attention to the handle that best fits you.

Feedback Score
    I've had a serious crush on that Roadhouse since I first laid eyes on it and I'm not a big Emerson fan.

It will be my next folder.
    FUAC !!!

Feedback Score
    I'd look at a ZT 0550 at this price point, but that's me.

Of the Emersons listed, the CQC-8 would be my choice, as I prefer its blade shape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12