Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 LR Conversion for 6920

Feedback Score

.22 LR Conversion for 6920

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with a .22 conversion for a Colt 6920? I have a 6920 on the way and would like to shoot the rifle at my home range as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Many, many threads in this section if you do a search.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Many, many threads in this section if you do a search.
    Yup.

OP- To answer your question, I used a CMMG .22 drop in conversion before building a dedicated .22 AR.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Big.

I'll check them out. Thanks for taking the time to help the new guy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I will suggest a dedicated .22lr upper VS. using a bolt conversion. You will spend a couple hundred more but its well worth it IMO.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can also buy a CMMG conversion, then down the road buy a CMMG upper minus the bolt and use the one you have.
    Dave N
    Last edited by shadow65; 02-27-12 at 19:56.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Heads up on the CMMG drop-in conversion...the extractor retaining pin is scratching my upper receiver and CMMG doesnt seem too concerned. See my other thread in this same part of the forum for details and pics. Their customer service doesnt seem to care very much and refuses to even allow an even exchange for their product. They claim it is "within spec" although very few others seem to to able to confirm this with their own conversion bolts.

In hindsight, i sort of wish that i had just bought a dedicated .22lr upper. Id head that route for just a little more.

And FYI, i have a Colt 6920 sporter. Likely the exact same gun as you.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavesacre21 View Post
    Heads up on the CMMG drop-in conversion...the extractor retaining pin is scratching my upper receiver and CMMG doesnt seem too concerned. See my other thread in this same part of the forum for details and pics. Their customer service doesnt seem to care very much and refuses to even allow an even exchange for their product. They claim it is "within spec" although very few others seem to to able to confirm this with their own conversion bolts.

In hindsight, i sort of wish that i had just bought a dedicated .22lr upper. Id head that route for just a little more.

And FYI, i have a Colt 6920 sporter. Likely the exact same gun as you.
    Yes, and this is a issue that we heard all about in your thread on the topic. Click HERE for a solution to your problem. Some things are are best handled on your own. With firearms and items such as conversion kits you are bound to have issues. Learn how they work, diagnose and resolve the issues if you can. You stated that CMMG offered to send you a replacement roll pin to replace the solid pin that is causing the offending scratch in your upper. What else do you want? Replace the pin or grind the current one about .002 and drive on.

I agree with you that the dedicated upper is the way to go, but if you want to use your existing rifle of multiple rifles to train the conversion bolt is the best solution.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Yes, and this is a issue that we heard all about in your thread on the topic. Click HERE for a solution to your problem. Some things are are best handled on your own. With firearms and items such as conversion kits you are bound to have issues. Learn how they work, diagnose and resolve the issues if you can. You stated that CMMG offered to send you a replacement roll pin to replace the solid pin that is causing the offending scratch in your upper. What else do you want? Replace the pin or grind the current one about .002 and drive on.
    I didnt go on to further update that i found out that the roll pin will only fit their older bolt, and that it would not fit my current bolt based off that. Ive considered many different options, but considering how shortening the pin that moves around rather freely wont make a difference, im just a little disappointed in its fitment and the lack of the manufacterer's support to stand behind their product. Im very well aware that mods are nothing new with guns, as ive been doing this for some time. I just dont care for this particular situation or the way that it has been handled.

Considering how this particular member has the exact same gun as me, and is inquiring about the exact same kit, I think that my experience with CMMG is more than adequate to bring to this thread. I know i'm new to this particular forum, but please don't talk down to me when I'm more than qualified to answer a question with information directed from another thread that i've personally experienced.
    Last edited by Stavesacre21; 02-26-12 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not trying to call you out but I've not seen anything outside of outstanding customer service from CMMG over the last two years. I feel like something is missing here. I've seen them send call tags for rifles that the customer couldn't sight in using a UTG sight!
    I'll be happy to help if I can.
    Dave N
    Last edited by shadow65; 02-27-12 at 20:06.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast